VENT TIME!! urgh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
    I don't understand this misguided and even selfish entitlement. You are in a long distance relationship but that does not mean you have a profound, life altering monopoly on the emotion and concept of missing someone. Everyone has different experiences, everyone makes different choices and you choose to be in a long distance relationship.
    I miss my CD SO when he's gone recording for the weekend so I agree with this. I've also been LD and the emotion of missing someone has been the same for me. The difference is the length of time I've had to miss them and it's silly to compare that because for as many who have it better, some have it worse. You can't tell one group to not complain if you yourself sometimes do. You shouldn't have to be in a certain group to be allowed to miss someone you love... I agree with DF.

Comment

I think some of the members on here are getting pretty darn close to name calling because you don't like a poster's opinion on a certain matter. She has just as much right to hers as you do yours. Her's, Your's and mine are just that opinions. It is not right to tell someone their feelings are "silly" or "selfish entitlement". You do not get to deem that is right just because you say so. There are different tiers and if that poster is in a higher one and frustrated with those in lower ones griping when she does not, the it is her right to have an opinion about it.

So, you have your opinions about her opinion and I have mine about what some of you think of hers.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Agreed with Hollandia. Besides, it's not a competition about who misses their SO more/who has to deal with the most difficult circumstances. We all rant and vent on LDR about our frustrations, and not all of them are rational. We've all done the same thing at one point, no need to gang up on her.

Comment

I'm curious as to where the ganging up started or the borderline name calling? I think all DF is saying is that people chose to be in LDRs and then they get pissed off at someone else when they get to see their SOs more so then they do. It's like those people are saying,'How dare you miss your SO who is only an hour away while I'm 3 days away from mine! Ugh! the nerve!' when really nobody has an entitlement to miss their partners more then anyone else does. Both sides CD & LD equally have struggles of their own and both equally miss their partners when they aren't around.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
          Back Together: August 1,2012
          First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
          Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
          Engaged: January 17,2013
          Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
          Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
          We Got Married! - July 3,2014
          SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
          Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

It's not about who's right or who's wrong, is what Hollandia was saying. It's not about who has entitlement or who does not. She was ranting, which I'm saying is something we all do and it does not always come from a rational place. Things always end up turning into a debate on this forum, why not just let her rant and leave it be? There should be an official rant thread where absolutely no one states their opinion on how the other person feels, because there is obviously no where on this forum where people can do that. It always has to turn into something bigger when it doesn't have to. If that's how she feels, then that is how she feels. It personally frustrates me too when people complain although they can see their SO more often than I can see mine, but I also miss my SO when we're CD and he's gone for an hour or two. There are different ways to miss someone and there are also different ways to handle the grief of missing them. Respect that, and move on. This is LFAD not a debate team. Just chill

Edit: I'm not saying that poster was right for saying that, but I am saying that there was no need for this thread to suddenly take a violent turn in the direction of proving her wrong like so many threads do.

Comment

Originally posted by princessmaria View Post
              It's not about who's right or who's wrong, is what Hollandia was saying. It's not about who has entitlement or who does not. She was ranting, which I'm saying is something we all do and it does not always come from a rational place. Things always end up turning into a debate on this forum, why not just let her rant and leave it be? There should be an official rant thread where absolutely no one states their opinion on how the other person feels, because there is obviously no where on this forum where people can do that. It always has to turn into something bigger when it doesn't have to. If that's how she feels, then that is how she feels. It personally frustrates me too when people complain although they can see their SO more often than I can see mine, but I also miss my SO when we're CD and he's gone for an hour or two. There are different ways to miss someone and there are also different ways to handle the grief of missing them. Respect that, and move on. This is LFAD not a debate team. Just chill

Edit: I'm not saying that poster was right for saying that, but I am saying that there was no need for this thread to suddenly take a violent turn in the direction of proving her wrong like so many threads do.
              Well,we obviously disagree on more then one thing here. So I'll leave it at that. I've said my piece and that's all I have to say about it.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
              Back Together: August 1,2012
              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
              Engaged: January 17,2013
              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                I think some of the members on here are getting pretty darn close to name calling because you don't like a poster's opinion on a certain matter. She has just as much right to hers as you do yours. Her's, Your's and mine are just that opinions. It is not right to tell someone their feelings are "silly" or "selfish entitlement". You do not get to deem that is right just because you say so. There are different tiers and if that poster is in a higher one and frustrated with those in lower ones griping when she does not, the it is her right to have an opinion about it.

So, you have your opinions about her opinion and I have mine about what some of you think of hers.
                I don't have to agree and I'm allowed to state my opinion regardless of if you don't like it. Yes, I think it's selfish and entitled to ignore the fact that everyone misses someone and using your status of being in a long distance relationship to discount, ignore and invalidate the emotions that others feel. We all miss someone.

Saying my SO is X amount of miles away and therefore you can't possibly understand is silly. What if people that did LD before computers, before cellphones told you that you couldn't possibly understand missing someone?

Comment

I agree with Amelia here. It's like "Yes, I am in a long distance relationship .... ANDDDD he's in the military". I don't know about you, but I find the pitying looks I get with those kinds of comments really aggravating. No one will be able to truly understand what you're going through. It's important to remind yourself that your emotions and feelings are valid regardless of what pessimists/critics/"friends" say.

Comment

Working...
                  X