Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
    I can't add anything to the wonderful advice given. Just

Well thank you I do appreciate your reply. Very sweet of you. Sorry just so lost and confused.

Comment

I am sorry. Some guys can go all in, talk about kids & future and still don't know what they are doing. They can even be very much in love but have no way of handling it in any good way. It may console you to know he might be feeling even more confused then you are... Still you deserve better. I do not think he will give you the closure you are looking for. You must decide in your heart that you feel it is over. There is no need to tell him, even talk to him. He will just drag you into his confusing world. I understand it is painful and confusing. Possably some day you may meet someone who does not have this problem with comitting. Regardless, take care of yourself and don't care about what happens after March, because after March he will still be the same man with a confused heart and it is not much to offer any girl.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm sorry you're going through this! I think everyone has given you some great advice though. I would like to add that sometimes, the stressors of the military get to people. I see it all the time; people are going great or not and then there's a huge shift! A lot of people get together rather quickly and some get married fast too. I think that it's good he was at least honest and didn't lead you on for months or anything. It gets lonely being away from family and friends and I'm sure it's even harder for him since he is away from his daughters. I don't doubt that he had feelings for you and it does suck that they changed quickly but keep in mind that other things could be occurring in his life or he realized that he isn't in the place to be in a relationship. I know none of this makes you hurt less though.

The military is a tough life and long distance relationships are tough, some people just cannot handle one or both and he could be one of those. I hope you'll give yourself time to heal and know that you didn't do anything wrong. It sounds like you were really trying and giving the relationship a lot of effort.
        Our love story:
        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
        Reconnected: August 2012
        Began dating LD: November 2012
        Engaged! March 2014
        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
        X