Looking for Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katuray View Post
    Hi Katt! I echo what nerdgasm42 said. Kudos to you and your partner for taking such a brave step. I love your humor about how you two are going to survive living together in small increments and how light and fuss-free your wedding plans sound like!
    Thanks! It pretty much came down to realizing that between both of our jobs, there was never going to be an "easy" time to take this step. We both already knew this is where we wanted to go with the relationship, so why put it off any longer? If we didn't already have a solid foundation of trust & communication, we wouldn't have made it this far and if we can make it this far then we can make it all the way.

I have to have a sense of humor about this situation because it is so completely out of character for BOTH of us to take a leap like this. We are just that certain and have been from the beginning. It's really, really eerie to be perfectly honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Katuray View Post
      Hi! When is your partner enlisting? Mine did last February and I've been counting the days since! The waiting is killing me. It's hard enough that it's long distance, but going from talking every day to once a week (only for and hour or two) coupled with worries if he's alright inside the camp lead me to stress out and feel lethargic and tired. I definitely am so glad that I found this community. Reading the stories and talking to some people has been kind of a balm.

Which base is your SO joining? Let's exchange stories some time!
      EXACTLY! Mine is enlisting 6 may, so just a week left Ive send you a private message!
      With you or with no one.

Comment

Working...
      X