Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I catfish my girlfriend to test her loyalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I catfish my girlfriend to test her loyalty?

So my girlfriend moved away from school and it has been a few months now and she seems to be less interested. She calls, chats less etc.. I have been tempted to catfish her by making a fake facebook account of a guy that lives in her new city to see if she takes the bait. Has anyone done this to test their long distance bf/gf? How do you think she would react if she realized it is a fake profile and thinks its me? Maybe I should use a professional service like baitmydate or something? Has anyone used baitmydate?

We already have a thread on this. I highly suggest you read it. At 36 and discussing her leaving for school - I'm also guessing you work for the slimy company.

https://members.lovingfromadistance....y-cheat-on-you
    Last edited by R&R; October 27, 2015, 08:05 PM.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I think that if she found out you were even thinking about doing that, it could break her trust in you. Also, it sounds like you already don't trust her. My opinion is that you should start off just by communicating your issues with the relationship and see if she is willing to reciprocate. Communicating needs and having your partner meet them will build trust. Catfishing and baiting will just lead to an obsession to catch her doing something that she may or may not do and that is not healthy for you or your relationship.

Comment

To be totally honest, this sounds like a really creepy way to check on the health of your relationship. If you are worried about how she feels, you should have a conversation with her about it. You also need to remember that if her feelings for you are fading, this will be the case even if she doesn't respond to other people flirting with her. If she is losing interest in you, this won't necessarily mean that she would cheat on you while still in the relationship; you're not going to find out how she really feels unless you have an honest conversation with her.

Comment

Jesus, man, you've gotta be a troll. No 36 year old man can be this immature Wow.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

No, I've never thought of doing that because I'm a fucking adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              Jesus, man, you've gotta be a troll. No 36 year old man can be this immature Wow.
              Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              No, I've never thought of doing that because I'm a fucking adult.
              That, and we don't have "dumbass" written on our foreheads. You want to test her loyalty? Watch as she either sticks by your side through thick, thin and stupidity, or kicks your sorry ass to the curb. I hope she sees just what a piece of work you are.

Comment

I would never sink to low as to trick my boyfriend, if I distrusted him that much I would rather end the relationship.

I also don't want to give my money to a company that is trying to sneek past the rules against commercials. I want to use that money for visits, and visa, and security of a life together, in honesty.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Please tell me you are kidding...?
                  That's a pretty shitty thing to do or even think about. Grow up.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

No. Just no.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

That sounds like a really bad idea to test her trust. If you don't trust her - talk to her.

Comment

Definitely working for the company. We (as a community) are better than this, let's ignore and move on

Comment

Said it before and will say it again: Stop preying on the insecurities of other people and get a goddamn better business model.

~
                          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                          The hands of the many must join as one
                          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
                            Said it before and will say it again: Stop preying on the insecurities of other people and get a goddamn better business model.
                            But that's exactly what unethical, amoral businesses/people do. They don't care what you say, making money from people's insecurity and weakness *is* their business model. They suck, but all we can do is try to warn people.
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                              But that's exactly what unethical, amoral businesses/people do. They don't care what you say, making money from people's insecurity and weakness *is* their business model. They suck, but all we can do is try to warn people.
                              Yeah, but that's pathetic...

Comment

Working...
                              X