How often do you see eachother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you see eachother?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7-8 months now, and in a month he is leaving for an exchange to Brasil for a year. Since it's basically the other half of the world, I might be able to visit him once and that's it. How do you cope with not seeing eachother for so long after being used to spending a lot of time together every day?

When his parents lived here, I saw him maybe once a month or every other month. Since they moved before this last school year, I only saw my SO three times the entire school year. Every maybe... 2 to 4 months.
    However, we close the distance in just under 9 weeks!

Comment

It'll be hard but you can do it
      Last edited by Honeypie; June 21, 2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I'm a very sensitive person and I need my bf so much. We see each other 2 times a month, but sometimes not only for a weekend, but for 10-12 days, then I stay at his home or he stays at mine. But our distance is easier to go - it's 250 miles, so something about 5 hours by train. Any problems with meeting? Maybe money and parents, but I can do everything to see my SO

Comment

My SO and I weren't together before I moved, so we don't really know how it is to see each other pretty much every day. But we *only* live 1,000 miles away from each other, and flight prices are pretty realistic, so we get to see each other every 5 - 7 weeks. We couldn't really see each other more often if we wanted to, as we both have school and only have school holidays every 5-7 weeks.
          But I'm sure you'll be able to do it, it'll be tough, but it'll make your relationship stronger. And to make the distance a bit easier, Skype is always good because you can see each other and hear each other so it feels like you're not so far apart - at least it works for me
          No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

we have been together for almost 2 years, and we have been able to see each other once a year.
            we met for the first time on 2011 he came to visit me n stayed for a week. then this year i went to japan to visit him n it was the 2 mots amazing weeks of my life.
            oh yeah it is very hard but with time u get used to it

Comment

My SO is in Argentina and I'm in Sweden, and we've been together for about a year and a month so far. Luckily he has quite a well paid job, so he's been able to come over every 3-4 months in that time Unfortunately I'm still in school though, and I don't have an extra job which makes it kind of hard to save up money, but it's already decided I'm going over there in December to celebrate Christmas and New Years together with him and his family!

Met online: February 2011
              Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Gosh, we´re almost in the same situation. I was close distance with my boyfriend for eight months and then I moved to the US to be an au pair for one year (been here two months now). We will probably not see eachother during this year, if we´re lucky, once. It´s hard sometimes, especially during the nights. But I think it´s worth some tough nights instead of not being together with him at all. You just have to keep yourself busy so you don´t have that much time to think about it! Hope it works out for you!

Comment

We try for every 3 months or so, which is great, my ex ldr relationship we only saw each other once in 2 years, that just wasn't working for me. This time I'm much happier because I get the face time <3 It really helps that he has the money to make such regular trips, thank god for that.

Comment

this may sound strange to some...but...i have never met my girlfriend..yet...we meet for the first time in 12 days...but i feel that i miss her...and i tell her this...and she said it makes perfect sense to her..cuz she feels the same way...it's a strange feeling...since we haven't met...just wondering how much harder it's gonna be after she is here...and has to go back to washington state for a few months...ugh

Comment

I don't believe, but this month is fantastic! xD I have to tell you about my great news! We see each other every weekend! I'm so excited! Yesterday he surprised me and went to my place and we spent really nice time and some hours together today And he's coming back in 21th and will stay to 24th of September, then I'd like to surprise him and I'm going to his place in 28th of September for his 18th birthday When the summer holidays had finnished I was so scared about coming back to school and don't see each other so many times like in summer, but now I'm so happy, that everything is perfect! And I have to say, that today is the first day of my relationship when I didn't cry on the railway station when my SO was coming back to his home, because I knew, that he will back earlier than I can think

Comment

I see my SO once a year and honestly even though I would love more visits with him going so long without seeing each other almost makes it easier. I have time to adjust to the fact that he's gone while with more visits it's like he's there and then ripped away so often that I would get whiplash. Or maybe it wouldn't be so bad if my visits were longer than a couple of days.

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Well we haven't been LD for long, but the way it's working out is that I'll be seeing him in December for 2-ish weeks, and at some point from May to August. We haven't figured out how the summer will work. Also I might be able to see him sometime between January-May, if his grandparents will agree!! We'll be seeing each other at least twice maybe three times a year, for the next few years. Which really really sucks, but it's better than not seeing each other at all. Which would nearly kill me.
                          started dating: 12/08/12
                          "i love you": 04/12/13
                          el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                          montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                          el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                          montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                          el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                          el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                          el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                          san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                          san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

In the two years we've been LD, we see each other every 4-6 months for 2 or 3 weeks We were lucky that my parents offered to pay for a couple of his flights for us so we did get to see each other more than we probably would have. My SO has just left after a 3 months visit here. I thought it was going to be terrible but to be honest, it hasnt really affected me much at the moment - he left a week ago. Just keep yourself busy

Comment

I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we only see each other about twice a year for around 2 weeks at a time; and we've been dating for around 7 months before we met for the first time !

Comment

Working...
                              X