Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking in- it still hurts.

Hello hello,

It's been a while. I doubt any one of you remember me, but I just wanted to post here for some reason.

We're still madly in love, we are still 15 and 18, and my mother is still strongly against us.

Nothing has really changed, except I've experienced different kinds of pain from being separated from him. I had tried to embrace myself but it was still horrible to experience it.

Not being able to see into his eyes, not being able to feel his hands that are cold but warm after holding mine, not being able to just be next to him...

it all hurts. As cliche as I sound, it hurts so much. I've spent too many nights crying, I've spent too many days wishing I could feel his hugs for just one second...

It's gotten a bit better since the beginning of our LDR since I guess I'm more used to it, but it still hurts.

it feels so strange that he can't be next to me anymore.

And I feel no one truly understands... except for people here... that we are in love with almost 3 years' age difference. I don't even know how he began to even like me. It was a true miracle and I may think that if we have a storage of luck when we start out life, I might have used it all up when he told me he loved me.

it's been almost 3 months since we had our LDR begin.

We're hurting, we haven't been able to see each other except via skype since, and it's our one year soon.

just hoping those three years until I get to college and can freely see him will be soon.

Thanks for reading the post! Just sharing our story.

P. S. doesn't it just SUCK to see couples in the hallways? It always makes me think of how I can't be with my boyfriend.

I remember you

I don't really have any advice, just support. All you can do is keep moving forwards - as time passes it does indeed become easier to cope, even though some moments are still tough. Keep in touch as much as you can, and hopefully you'll find a way to see each other again soon

Comment

It's perfectly natural to be feeling the way you do. I go through bouts of being ok and then it will suddenly hit me how much I miss my hubby. Just keep in touch as much as possible, support each other & you will get through it. Keep strong dear xxx

Started Writing - February 2010
      First Visit - September 2010
      Second Visit - June 2011
      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
      NOA1 - July 2012
      NOA2 - December 2012
      Fourth Visit - December 2012
      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

As lademoiselle said, it does get easier with time. You eventually get used to missing your SO, and you learn new ways to overcome the sadness that does happen. Just keep going strong and keep busy. One day, you'll be able to be together. Good luck!
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Thank you all! (: it's really nice to hear all of the support from y'all.

No one around me is in an LDR, and for those who even know what that stands for, they had broken it off because they thought it just wouldn't work out.

I'm very glad I found this forum because although I only show up occasionally, everyone understands and supports each other. I'm really touched and encouraged by all of your success stories and stories-in-process! (:

Thank you again! It means a lot.

Comment

Trust me we've all been there. you get used to it, tho it doesnt get much easier unfrotunatly.

And I know when we first started going LDR I HATED seeing people in hallways all over each other it was so annoying and the worst part of it was that I knew the people were just in a fling, not in a real relationship. -____- Its like " I just want to smack you "

But again you get used to it. Just give it time. I've been LDR for a year now. We went from seeing one another every other day, to only seeing each other through a web cam and having one actual visit for two weeks in december which so far has been our only visit.
            " There is always hope.
            "

Comment

Trust me we've all been there. you get used to it, tho it doesnt get much easier unfrotunatly.

And I know when we first started going LDR I HATED seeing people in hallways all over each other it was so annoying and the worst part of it was that I knew the people were just in a fling, not in a real relationship. -____- Its like " I just want to smack you "

But again you get used to it. Just give it time. I've been LDR for a year now. We went from seeing one another every other day, to only seeing each other through a web cam and having one actual visit for two weeks in december which so far has been our only visit.
              " There is always hope.
              "

Comment

Working...
              X