No announcement yet.

Ben And I Have Never Met But I Love Him To Pieces And Im Sick Of People Judging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben And I Have Never Met But I Love Him To Pieces And Im Sick Of People Judging

Benjamin and i have been together for a year and 3 months and i love him so much, we have out ups and downs of course but it seems to me that now that people know we arent just in it for a fling they are starting to judge. Im new to this site but im guessing nobody is going to judge here and im hoping to make some friend so i can have a support system cause my friends don't seem to get it when i say how much i truly miss him and want him around.

Welcome to LFAD! There are definitely plenty of people who can relate to you here! I hope you are finding the support system you're looking for. It's been a wonderful source of comfort for me!

Comment

Holy similar! Don't pay attention to the people judging. They are just jealous you found true love and they haven't. Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

i know how you feel...i've known my girlfriend for 6 years...although we have only been a couple since july 4th of this year...because we were in relationships through that time...anyway...i had never met her until late september...and i would tell her i missed her...and wasn't sure if it made sense...but she told me she felt the same way...and when we finally did meet...i knew...as soon as i saw her walk in off the plane...as soon as i saw the smile on her face...and our first hug and kiss...that i wanted that forever...funny how sometimes you just know...

Comment

Welcome! I am new here too. I have "friends" who have pretty much only had negative things to say and I agree with the Sonya - they are probably just jealous! Ignore the negativity as much as possible and try to focus on the good stuff. I think you will find a lot of support here. I know what it's like to miss someone that you've never met and it's no less real than any other relationship.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. This community is one of the best for showering you with love and support. Check out the other sections and hopefully it'll give you comfort knowing you aren't the only person going through the same thing! Wish you luck with your SO! Stay strong and don't let the haters get to you. <3

Comment

Thank you all for your support! And thanks for the welcome! <3

Comment

welcome to LFAD! (: I haven't been as active as the most of the members here, but I can tell you that when I was hurt from my friends judging us and everything, this site understood how I was feeling and I had definite comfort that I wasn't alone. The advices are great too! (: Again, welcome and stay strong!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Im sure you'll find the support you need here, its a wonderful site. Good luck =)!

Comment

Welcome. Hey our SO's have the same name.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. ^-^ well I'm in the same situation as well, I haven't met my SO and we've been together for a year and four months and we are madly in love. A lot of people judge out relationship since we haven't even met but I'd say don't listen to them and do what makes you happy because in the long run, that's all that matters . (:

Comment

I know how you feel like today in class this girl who sits next to me asked if i ever met my bf in person and when I said no I could swear that she laughed at me

Comment

I didn't meet Stephen until 3 1/2 years after we were talking...hahaha. So I TOTALLY understand the doubters and the harsh words. My best advice is to just not let that get to you. They don't know your relationship, and once you guys are together in person they'll all be jealous of how cute you guys are.

Comment

I admire people who can go on for so long without having met first. I don't think we'd be able to do that. We met online first and then in person about 3 months later. I'm not sure we'd be able to go on for 6 months or more without meeting. Definitely not a year or more like so many people here.

Edit: Oh just realised this is in the teens section! Duh. If we were teens maybe it would be different. It's like we grow more impatient with years.
                              Try not to worry about those people, someone's always going to doubt what you do. There'll always be someone to offer unsolicited opinion about how you handle life, no matter what you do, so you just have to learn to trust yourself instead and make your own decisions.
                              Last edited by Malaga; March 1, 2013, 10:33 AM.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                              X