Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about your long distance relationships ! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about your long distance relationships ! :)

I live in North Carolina, my SO lives in Louisiana, I met my SO during the summer of 2009 while playing video games on the Playstation 3. We were playing online and it's literally love at first gunshot (playing Call of Duty). My SO was absolutely not my type of guy at the time so I never thought I would actually fall for him. He asked me to be his girlfriend in October 2009 and we've been together ever since ! We met for the first time in June 2010 and afterwards we began a pattern of meeting once during the summer and once for Christmas; I only see him twice a year and i'm in college. He's a senior in high school and we are thinking of closing the distance by going to closer colleges. (:

I'll reply to this only because I'm long distance for the next month. We met at a party a couple weeks before I went back home after spending a year abroad. As soon as I got home I booked a flight to go back and try to work out a visa, it didn't happen so I had to go back home three months later. We spent three months apart before he quit his job and hopped the pond after applying for a work visa. It was rejected but he spent five months here and we traveled around for two. Then he went home and we were apart for 6 months before I got a two year visa to go be with him, which is where we are at now. Except that I've come home for a visit for 5 weeks

Comment

Met my SO online in February about 2 years ago We started talking a bit which evolved into talking a whole freaking lot over the webpage we met at, and we kept that up for about 2 months. After that, we started talking on MSN, and shortly also on Skype. We didn't video-chat until a couple of months later, in late June if I remember it correctly, but yeah We both had feelings for each other from the get go, but we didn't admit it until the day we finally met each other. He was backpacking around Europe last summer, and I jokingly suggested he should come to Stockholm (which isn't that far away from me). But, he did go there, and we met up! We spent 3 amazing days with each other, but then he had to continue travelling and I had to go back home for school... But he came back 2 weeks later, staying at my house for a week and meeting my family, friends and relatives, and they all got along great! Since that first visit in August 2011, he's been here a total of 5 times, each time ranging from 3 weeks to 2 months Due to school I haven't been able to go over there yet, but I'm travelling to Argentina in December to finally see him again, and seeing the place where he lives! So excited!

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

we both were on an international forum, but never talked.....

he had a GF and I wasn't looking for a BF....
        then a bunch of members on that forum went to a group on FB..... he was there.... and we still never talked but we knew each other by then.

I then had a sort of LDR BF..... who turned out not to be that nice..... and my now SO, noticed I was a bid sad.... so he asked what was wrong .... we started to talk and one thing led to another.....

I fell in love with him in the beginning of 2012.... and we went 'out in the open' in may 2012...
        going to meet him next January..... to see if we like each other in real life too..... and then we'll see what happens.

but.... had we met in a bar in person..... we would never got involved ..... he likes blondes..... I am not..... I like tall men.... he is not.... hahahaha
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

We met online on November 15th 2010. One of the first things he said to me after we started chatting was "we might as well be camping because this is intense" and then he quickly explained the joke and apologized for how lame that was haha. I added him on MSN that night and we stayed up until 5 in the morning. The next day, he messaged me "I'm really not a creep but I've never felt this way about someone, can I please have your number?" or something to that extent. He totally wasn't my type, a big burly athletic guy but I fell in love with him anyways. A day later we became official.

Now two years later (okay our two years is 12 days away, close enough!), we're still going strong. We only get to see each other once or twice a year because of financial reasons however we'll be closing the distance in about a year and a few months when I move there to go to school. It's been tough but I honestly couldn't picture having anyone else in my life.

Comment

Some people might say that 78.2 miles isn't really a LDR but at 17 and my first relationship with any kind of difference it's a lot! We started talking to each other on Twitter in March this year (we both liked Formula One hence why he followed me!) and we kind of never stopped talking to each other! Ever since then there has only ever been a couple of days we haven't spoken to each other (either because of Internet connection or when I had no phone signal on DofE!) It's become kind of an obsession! We used to have little *actions* when we spoke like *hugs you* etc, which was cute/unusual and I grew to like him so much! Before we met up I had friends and family trying to stop me and I'd only seen him on Skype a couple of days before, We met up at the British Grand Prix in July. Just those days I spent with him I realised how much I could just be myself, it was fantastic and so on the 8th we decided to give a relationship a go.

It's been over 5 months now and I cannot believe how much I love him! Being so young there aren't as many in such serious relationships, no one really gets how I feel. But we both know it will last. I really hope it does. We try and see each other as often as possible, usually weeks apart. As a newbie to LDR struggling to cope!

Comment

We met each other on game online when we were 14 years old.
              He was playing so well and after that first game I said, "Where are you from?" He replied, "Indonesia." I was surprised and I could not believe it, so I started speaking in Indonesia. Well, apparently he really is from Indonesia since he understand what I say. LOL I could not believe the first person I know in that game is from my country!!! We spent almost every day playing that game together to know each other more. We talked more than we played. He is so similar to me that it somehow feel like I found myself in him. We moved to United States almost the same time, we are the same age, we both live in California (I was in SF and he was in SJ), we both Indonesian, and there's just so many more. A few months after that he asked me to be his girlfriend. He was so sweet and nice so I said yes. However, after that I realized that I was not ready to have a relationship and I started avoiding him. I still have feelings for my ex and I know I will hurt him more if I do not break our relationship. Yeah, I know I was cruel and stupid. In the end of my Freshman year, I broke his heart.
              In the beginning of my Sophomore year I moved to Georgia. We became somehow distant after the broke up but I know it was my fault. Christmas 2010 we became close again and on Christmas Eve he asked me one more time to be his girlfriend. At that time I feel guilty about the past and accepted him even though I feel something is not right. A few weeks after that he told me from Facebook that he lost his phone and then for more than a week he did not contact me at all. After one month anniversary he told me he wants to break up. Somehow I know it gonna happen so I just let it happen.
              March 2012, after all that happen I tried to keep a distance with him. However, that month he was talking to some of our game's friends and he wanted everybody to have some kind of reunion. He wanted to webcam with everybody like before. I did not want to do it but everybody kinda bugging me to just participate, so I did. When we were webcam-ing I just listened to others and after few hours many of them need to leave. In the end we were the last two people there, I was ready to leave but he suddenly start talking to me. It was so weird that we end up talking until late and when he asked me to webcam with him the next day I said yes. In the beginning of April he asked me to be his girlfriend for the third time and this time it was different. He showed me that he wants to make this work. It has been 8 months and few days since that day and all I can say is I am so lucky to have you in my life. I know we had our ups and downs but I know we can make it.
              P.s: On my 18 birthday he came to Georgia and we met for the first time.
              P.s.s: Sorry for the long story xD

Comment

I met my SO online over 3 years ago on a role-play forum when I was 15 and he was 20 and after literal 24/7 talking over text and IM we became a couple a few days after though neither of us remember how it happened, he's from New York and I'm from Arizona. We officially met a year later at an anime convention here in Arizona. We tried to close the distance when I graduated high school in May but I won a full ride scholarship to college so now we're doing the long distance thing for another year and a half. It sucks but he's worth every second apart.

Notes:
                Met: 8.17.09
                Started Dating: 8.20.09
                First Met: 10.2.10
                Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

my boyfriend was a foreign exchange student.. in my house.
                  we hosted him and he came on my birthday. during his stay we fell in love. we started dating and then the agency he was with found out because of facebook. -_-
                  he was sent home 3 weeks early in december because it was too close to the holidays for anyone to open thier homes.
                  his family had already bought tickets to come meet my family and take him home. so after he left 2 weeks later he came back. they left last week and he left this week.
                  we have plans to see eachother and after he graduates hes going to move here. <3
                  then live happily ever after

Comment

I met my SO online, somewhere in the spring of 2013. Both of us just graduated from high school. At that time, I really had some problems, and had difficulties dealing with them. I'm a really closed person, so it was hard for me to tell my friends in real life... Somehow, he was the one that listened to my story. Even though he couldn't always give me advice, since the situation wasn't something you'd encounter everyday, him listening was enough. I felt that he was just a good friend. Was even dating someone else at the time. Though I have to mention that that relationship wasn't very serious and only lasted for 3 weeks.
                    My SO went on a holiday for 2 weeks and thats when I realized I missed him like crazy. At this point, I had already broken up with my previous lover for awhile. When my SO came back, the days seemed to have changed. It was more bright and more happy. I was sure about it, I really liked him. It's strange how that happened.... He isn't my type at all, yet we connect so well. With a little help from my friends, I confessed. And the big suprise was that he was feeling the same.
                    Since then, we've been together. It's been over 6 months now and as we grow closer and get to know each other better, I think I love him more every day, every hour and every second. As cheesy as it might sound haha XD
                    You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

I met my SO in a roleplay IRC room (I hate the word "chatroom", the media gives it such bad connotations :/) in late 2010. We were both in relationships so we weren't looking for anything like that, but we somehow clicked straight away as friends. We were best friends for about a year, during which time his girlfriend left him and my relationship fell apart. Then on the 1st of November 2011, we decided to become more than just 'best friends'.

Unfortunately neither of us can afford international travel, so we haven't met (yet). But we've talked almost every single day for the last 2 years!

Comment

Oh, where to begin? My SO and I met in August of 2009 on a RPG game. We talked on and off for a while and I really liked him (friend wise), but I didn't really think much of it. Approximately, 6 months later, our talking became much more frequent. In the beginning of July 2010, we married each other in the game we played. It was July 2nd to be exact. Lame to remember that, I know, but by this time, I had a HUGE crush on him. By November of that same year, I knew we were perfect for one another; however, neither of us had been in a real relationship before and he claimed that he didn't like me. He said that even if he did like me he WOULD NOT have a LDR. Sooo, we continued talking, and I kept hoping he would change his mind and admit his feelings. I took advice from both online friends and real (my mom found out about him around this same time), telling them about conversations we had concerning him and me and where we stood. Of course, they all agreed that he liked me and just needed to admit it.

Well, in May of 2011, drama happened in game. I was madly in love with him. We had already exchanged plenty of pictures, the first being around July 2011. Anyway, I was starting to lose hope. I was talking to another guy, who I would never date in real life, and my SO knew this. However, I was getting annoyed with my now SO. I was evening toying with the idea of divorcing him in the game. I told him this. When I told him, he was about to leave for school. I had said that I wanted to wait until he got home since I knew this would upset him all day, but he insisted.

When I woke up the next morning (May 25th) (we have a 6 hour time difference), he was home from school and ready to talk. He had said that he had to leave his class and go to the restroom to cry!! I was stunned! He then proceeded to ask me how I would handle an online boyfriend, a LDR. He said we were to not tell our parents (though I was too ecstatic and my mom read it on my face the moment she saw me! lol) because they probably wouldn't approve. I told him right away when my mom found out. He didn't mind though. Anyway, we agreed to not be official until we had met each other and we had met each other's parents.

We fell even more in love when we first met in July 2011, but we kept it unofficial until I could meet his parents. (My parents loved him, by the way and vice versa.) So, when I visited him for Christmas of the same year, his family loved me as well. A few days later on December 26, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and, of course, I accepted!!! We have been together ever since. We just celebrated our one year a little less than a month ago. He's my everything and I would not change a thing about our relationship or our journey to this point. He is perfect for me, and I could not have found anyone better.

It's hard for us to travel internationally due to finances and such, but we usually manage twice a year for anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. This summer I may be going for 2.5 months! It'll be our longest stay yet! I am SO excited!!

Sorry if this is confusing. I've been sick and am tired, so I may not be thinking straight.
                        sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Mine just started (Sunday, Jan 20th)
                          We're a gay couple. He lives in Florida and I live in Illinois. Our relationship is going really fast but my feelings him for him are really strong.
                          We are both 15 and my SO's mom is not ok with him being gay, it's difficult.
                          I know mine just started and all but please be nice!

Comment

Met while I was traveling in Thailand, never saw it coming to be honest, one thing led to another and it just happened, before I knew it I was falling for her, we spent the entire month living at her apartment which was bliss, doing whatever we wanted, trips, drinks, food, staying in with DVD's etc anything. Our relationship at the moment is still young compared to a lot but I have never been happier, she knows how to make me smile, how to make me happy, the things she says, never had a gf actually be that way with me before, she genuinely cares and wants to be with me, which is awesome

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                            2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                            3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                            4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                            5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                            6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                            7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                            Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                            UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

First post for me, so yeah, newbie here!
                              I'm from Sweden but for 1 and a half year I've been living in China (I go home now to the summer) When I got Christmas holiday this winter I went back to Sweden. I wanted to visit my old school and went there the 18th December. I do believe that was the best decision I've made yet in my life (well, I'm 15 soon 16 so I still have a lot of decisions to make) There I noticed that a new guy had started in my old class. I don't think it was love at first eyesight, but it was defiantly interest haha. We met, with that day, four times before I had to leave to go back. Two times in school and two dates but we talked every day and we have done that since then (2 months and around 4 days) Before I left I told him that if he wanted me as his girl he would have to ask me and he couldn't ask me, in that case, until he had thought about it in at least one day. I knew that a LDR is not a thing that.. well.. All people would chose. But well, he asked me to be his girl the day after and next week on Sunday its two months (which is not so long, I know, but it's something right?) He is the best thing that have ever happened to me, he always makes me smile and I can't wait to meet him again!

Comment

Working...
                              X