Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about your long distance relationships ! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In June 2011, I commented on a status of someone I was dating at the time. It was about soccer and I said that Vasco, the opposite team (I honestly don't know anything about soccer), was better than his team haha. My SO commented and said his team was better and we ended up talking and I sent him a friend request. An awesome year of friendship and a year later, and a year of knowing that we had feelings for each other but didn't know how to admit it, we started dating! We got engaged this May and I'm so happy I decided to send him that friend request after our silly soccer conversation

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

We met each other while she was doing an exchange program at my school last year. Because I'm mostly shy with girls, I had a hard time making her acquaintance. When we finally started talking to one another we became good friends. I soon fell in love with her but she initially rejected me, saying that she wanted us rather to be friends. I didn't take it quite well and we didn't speak to each other for about a month before we decided to talk it over and make peace with it. Soon, however, she started falling for me! On her last night, I took her to the cinema to see The Great Gatsby (a movie she wanted to see before she left). There, she was showing a lot of affection to me: holding my hand and resting her head on my shoulder from time to time.

We're currently keeping constant contact with each other through whatsapp and facebook. We Skype each other at least once a month. I have already started writing a story for her about our time together while she was on her exchange program. I also plan on visiting her in June sometime next year. I really miss her and think about her everyday

Comment

In the 5th grade we had to have assigned penpals from other countries around the world! I've always loved England and wanted to visit there someday, so I asked my teacher for a guy penpal from England! I got my wish! He was amazing, and I could talk to him so easily about absolutely anything at all. Most of my other classmates stopped writing their penpals after a few letter but me and mine kept exchanging for years. We would talk about anything and everything, school, our friends and families. He would help me with my problems, I've been bullied since I started school because of my red hair, body and that I have a speech impediment, but he would always help me feel better and tell me I was amazing. He would always remind me that I was special to those who cared for me. In February this year he got a laptop with a camera for his birthday. So we decided to try skype calling. It was amazing to see him, I had only seen a few pictures he had sent in his letters over the years. To hear his voice was amazing as well (His accent is just....wow) I was so happy! We skype called almost everyday until May when he told me he loved me and asked me to be his "Beautiful, overseas but totally worth it" Girlfriend. I said yes of course, I had really developed feelings for him too.

It's funny to think that when we met I was 10 he was 12...it's been quite a few years! Haha! Now I'm 14 and he's 16. But he's still as sweet as ever. When I was put in the hospital for breaking my arm last month he sent me a bracelet and a big box of candy from England! It was awesome! He made me open it on camera so he could see my reaction. I almost cried and ate it all within a few hours. People don't take our relationship seriously because of our age, but honestly, I believe that true love can happen at any age. It just takes two mature, trusting people to make it work. <3 I love him so much. And the wait to finally meet him is so worth it!

Comment

Working...
        X