First ILY - Share here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens First ILY - Share here!

So, my boyfriend and I haven't said it yet, but I want to hear your stories - when and how did you and/or your SO first say "I love you"?

My boyfriends said it via message to me before we started going out, but more of a friendly "<3 u" way, I think we both said it the night we started dating We now say it everyday to each other, but it's more " You may not think it but without you I would be nothing, I love you" type way :P

Comment

I have said it to my online boyfriend on xbox before.. not very romantic but in an "ill be there for you please secretly love me back" way. We are still not official and I don't know how to ask him

Comment

It took awhile for me and my boyfriend to get all "I love you". The first time was when he said it. I think we were dating for about a month. It was written down, in skype. I'm very bad at that kind of stuff, saying I love you and being all romantic... So I waited for him to say it, to set an example haha.
        Around January, he started saying it when I'm talking to him too. Not text, but actually saying it. First time I heard it with his voice made me shiver and go crazy c: It was so cute
        You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

The first I love you that he typed was long before we started dating, it was when he discovered his feelings for me and wanted me to notice them too. The first time he said it was over TeamSpeak.. he said "come over to Zombie Panic #2" so I did and then he said it "I love you" and since I had too many butterflies flying around my tummy region I didn't say anything so he was like "are you shitting me?" cause he thought his mic wasn't working haha
          So the first I love you I heard from him was "I love you.. are you shitting me?"

The first time I said it was when we were dating already.. a couple days after we started dating actually. I felt it but I couldn't say it yet.. then I said it and he felt sooooooooooooo happy!! I could just hear it in his voice!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I don't remember, we had lots of friendly 'I love you's before romantic ones but liked each other during the friendly ones (just wouldn't admit it)

Comment

He first told me he loved me a few days before he was supposed to go back home to Germany.
              I met him when he came out to my hometown to study as an international student at the local university, and we became fast friends. After awhile, I definitely started to have feelings for him, but I didn't think he had feelings for me!

Anyways, a few days before he was supposed to leave, we decided to go out to dinner, as it was going to be our last time hanging out before he left. We were having a great time, laughing and joking, when he suddenly got very serious and nervous. He even called our waiter over to our table and ordered two shots of tequila ^^
              Then, finally, he said,
              "I know this may affect our friendship, but I can't stand the thought of the "what-if." I just have to tell you that I am completely in love with you."

At that moment, I knew I was in love with him too <3

Comment

Before we got together, me and my boyfriend were texting non-stop for quite a while, and one day we were in the middle of a random conversation when I received a text saying "I think I love you". That was the day we began our relationship

Comment

My boyfriend and I aren't long distance yet (will be in a few months) so my story is a little different as it actually happened in person.

Joe and I have been dating for nearly five months now, and we only said I love you to each other a little over 2 weeks ago, so everything is fairly new, but we've both been thinking it for far longer. Anyway, we were sitting in his car and it was kind of late at night, but we were having a really serious conversation, it was the first time we were so honest with each other and I learned so much about him. At one point I thanked him for being so honest with me and opening up to me, and I tried to explain to him that all I ever want to hear from him is what he wants to say, not what he thinks I want to hear, and I told him "So if you're going to say something bull** to me, don't." So he was like "So you don't want me to say "You're my favourite" or "You're my potato"? (inside joke)" And for a second I was really worried and confused because I had no idea what he was getting at, so I said "You mean I'm not those to you?" And I was looking down and he said "Well those are just placeholders for what I really feel about you." and I looked up at him and asked, "What do you really feel about me?" and he looked me straight in the eyes and said "What I actually feel about you is that I love you."

He is such a sweetheart and just the way he says it I know he isn't faking it and isn't just saying it to get me to say it back to him, which happens so much in teenage relationships and what happened in my last relationship...
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

These are great stories I love seeing others' sweet moments! And now it's my turn!

So, my SO and I were like five/six when we met, and our parents would friends and we grew up together. Our dads are both military, so we moved away a few years later, but we wrote bunches of letters and visited all the time. We were best friends by the time I was ten. Around that time I also realized I had a crush on him. I did say something at one point, but it kind of faded into the background and we just stayed friends and put that behind us. Then when I was fourteen I realized I loved him, but I didn't say anything. Around that time I asked him if he wanted to be boyfriend/girlfriend, and he said yes, but we didn't really make it official - our parents didn't know and honestly nothing changed. So about a year later I finally was like "This isn't right. Let's just be friends again."

A few months after that his family visited mine for the first time after four years, and on the last day of the visit, we became bf/gf - for real this time. I was the one to initiate it, and part of me wished I'd waited and let him make a move, so I decided I'd have two rules: I wouldn't say "I love you" until he said it first, and I'd say it in person.

And then a year later I decided I'd just settle for him saying it first.

So, eighteen months into dating, he's visited twice. The most recent was for my prom and a trip to Six Flags with my youth group. I was so sure from some things he'd said in texts and stuff that he'd say it... and he didn't. I wrote him a letter the day after he left, and he wrote me one, so they'd arrive about the same time.

My letter reached him on Wednesday. His came last Thursday. I'd told him I'd text when I got it, but I wanted to read it first, so I did. And he said it! For the first time! (And about a million other sweet, amazing things <3 ) So then I decided to call him instead. Which I did, but I didn't even bring it up after an hour+ of conversation. (I'm a chicken. And I'd been pushing it back for almost three years. I'd kinda gotten used to not saying it.) After texting my best friend to ask her advice, I called him while we were watching Doctor Who and told him I'd felt this way since I was fourteen and I said it back and then hung up.

And now we say it all the time and he texts the sweetest things and I'm pretty sure this is as close to perfect as life gets <3

Comment

A few months after we first started dating, my SO came to visit me one day in the winter, so we were out sledding and having snowball fights. He is Iranian and speaks fluent Farsi, and i googled how to say i love you in Farsi. But of course, you can never really trust the Internet. I listened to someone saying it, but it wasnt truly the right pronunciation. I said "i love you" really quietley, but got embarassed because i thought i pronounced it wrong so i wouldnt say it louder for him to hear. He coaxed it out of me eventually and he taught me how to say little sweet nothings in Farsi for the rest of the day!
                      Last edited by Abylon; April 29, 2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

That is so adorable!

I would have been the same as you, a bit embarassed that I would have said it wrong, but even if you did, it seems he didn't mind.

Comment

Aww, that is very sweet indeed!

For us, it was the second day of our first visit. We were lying in bed together and talking about how we felt, and he said something along the lines of "I want to tell you something but I don't want to freak you out", and I had a lil idea of what it was then so I said "Well perhaps if you tell me, I'll tell you the same" so then he said "I love you" and I said it back! I love thinking about that moment, it just felt perfect for us

Comment

So many adorable I love you's!

Will definatly have to share Kieran and I's moment when we finally meet in person.

Comment

Abylon yours is so romantic! And Zukafu I'll probably be back to share when I first hear him actually say it <3 Haha we're the slowest couple I've ever known but it works for us ^.^

Comment

Working...
                              X