No announcement yet.

First ILY - Share here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm not in an LDR anymore, but I'll share my story anyways. It was a week after my ex and I got together. I was on vacation in Las Vegas and he sent me a text saying "I love you" but I had already gone to sleep so I didn't see it until the morning xD

Comment

First time he told me was via message on facebook, a few days after we officialy got together. We were chatting and he wrote "Kara, I'm afraid I don't like you anymore." I didn't understand, I started crying and felt really down. But then he wrote "And it's because I love you." <3

Comment

My SO and I were long distance when we first kind of said it. We knew we loved each other but I kept telling them that we can't say it until we're together because I wanted it to be in person. So he would send me "I **** you!" and I would get mad at him. And then when we were together again it was a race who could say it first. We said it in a parking lot while laughing because he beat me to it.
        Our Story
        Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
        Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
        Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
        Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
        Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
        Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

Comment

Sigh, I was always taught that the guy has to say ``I love you`` first. But I ended up confessing first (I kind of knew he liked me too already). Regardless, because I was always lectured into always letting the guy confess first my ``I love you`` was so clumsy x-x. I was so scared I said (well, technically typed, because we met online) it in a different language first so he would not understand LOL
          But then... he fricken`google translated (I thought I was being so clever putting it in a different language...I forgot about google...) -_-
          Last edited by TooFarAway; June 8, 2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

We typed it a couple of times before dating but more in a friendly way (even if I was hoping for it to mean more than just friends x3). Then a night, after we would have hinted at that he texted me I love you in a more romantic way confessing his feelings and I was so happy I could confess mine back and tell him the way I felt We said it to each some weeks later on skype but the best time was when we told that in person :3 I love it when he says that in my language, he sounds so cute with his american accent ^^

Comment

I thought I had been in love before but I had never had anything to compare it to so I didn't really know, then when Jack and I started seeing eachother the way I felt about him was nothing like what I'd ever felt before.
              I realised it when I was having a party at my house and he'd come with a few of his friends and it was the first time most of my friends had met him. His friends all went at about 11 o'clock and it was just him and all my friends, so he took over the roll of DJ. I'd been upstairs and I came down and he was singing along to a song and there was a line 'I dare you to love me, I dare you to trust me' I was stood at the other end of the hall watching him sing this song in the kitchen and on that line he turned round and sang along with it while looking straight at me. It sounds cliché but at that moment it was like everything slowed down and I got a huge smile on my face and I realised that these strong feelings I'd been having for him was love.
              It was only a week before he was going away at that point, and I decided I didn't want to tell him before he went away because that would have made it so much harder when we had to say goodbye.
              But when we did say goodbye it was all I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't pluck up the courage to say it and once I shut the door, I regretted it straight away.
              He'd left me a few surprises before he went away, like photos and sweets and he also made me a video, in which he essentially told me he loved me without actually saying the words and I realised I had to tell him. Because I think the only thing that had been holding me back was the fear that he didn't feel the same way about me and I didn't want to scare him off...
              So Jack had made all these surprises for me and I had given him nothing before he went, so I wrote him a letter in reply to his video explaining how happy he had made me and thanking him for everything he had done. I ended it by telling him I loved him.
              The wait for the letter to get to him was agonosing, luckily it only too from Monday - Thursday. But because of the time difference I didn't find out he had got it until Friday, when he told me he loved me too.
              Now we say it everyday to eachother and it makes me smile to hear (or read) those 3 little words!

Comment

He sent a message saying I love you first about a month before we started dating. He says now that he knew he had feelings for me but was scared of the distance and was too afraid to ask me out. I of course said it back because I was head over heels for him and just wanted him to ask me out so we could finally meet in person. We both said it out loud for the first time over a phone call and it felt amazing Now we say it all the time and always flirt and say romantic things aha.

Comment

Okay umm this is pretty weird.. After we talked for maybe two days he said he loves me haha i didn't take it seriously but two days after that i think i started to have feelings for him and it was very weird i couldn't sleep because i was thinking about him and wanted to talk to him.. And then i woke him up in the middle of the night and said.. "Im not very sure about what I'm going to say now.. But i think i love you.." That was so awkward haha but he just said i love you too and we went to sleep day after it he asked me out June 20th happiest day of my life

Comment

My boyfriend say I love you first. We were talking on the phone and it was about a month or so into our relationship. He knew it was fast but knew how he felt about me and wante me to know. I started crying and even now I'm not sure why. I was afraid to say it back I guess but I knew I felt the same way about him. I just could not say it back. I felt bad but through my crying on the phone with him, he started to understand and was so sweet about it. I have no doubt about my feelings now and we tell eachother I love you multiple times a day via text/phone call/video call on facetime.

Comment

Hanging out on a rooftop as friends on a warm breezy summer day. Not a cloud in the sky. We sat down and lay our heads down. Eventually our heads bumped but instead moving it away we got closer. We kissed for like an hour and I said it. My family warns me to never EVER say that to a girl but for some reason I wanted to say it, I didn't even think about it. So that's my story.

Comment

My Girlfriend and I have had many I Love You's long time before we started going out. But one of my most memorable ones is the one time when she called me and i was in my Calc 2 class in college and i walked out and we talked on the phone for a while! she has the most cutest and the most sexiest accent ever..especially when she says "hair" but we started talking about everything! fast forward to the end! they way she said "I Love You" felt like it was the First ever I Love You. And I dont exactly have the greatest memory..but that day i dont know for what reason but that part of the day is carved in my head.

On a rather sad note! We talked so long that I missed the pop quiz we had and the class ended and I left all my stuff in there...but i think it was defiantly worth it!

Comment

me and my boyfriend were friends before we started dating, and a few weeks into our relationship we were at the park laying on the grass. He whispered something to me.. I thought he said i love you so my response was "what??" and he repeated himself.. "I'll miss you" (as in when i move). I clearly didn't hear that well.. later I told him I though he said those 3 words, 8 letters and he simply said "ohh XD" the next week we went to the park again, and I decided I really wanted to say it, so I did. I whispered "i love you" and he said "what?" so I said it louder, he said it back and he also said"so there's those 3 words, 8 letters" now we say it all the time and I couldn't be happier that I said it

Comment

My boyfriend is Dutch, and speaks Dutch as well. He also speaks English, so that's the language we communicate in. We'd been flirting and messaging for a few days. One time, I had to leave, and I was telling him goodbye. Before I left, he told me, "Ik hou van je. Go translate that from Dutch." I told him I would.

It turned out, 'ik hou van je' means 'I love you.'

Comment

The first exchanges of "I love you" were the friendly ones. I'm not sure if my girlfriend felt this way, but did have a bit of a crush on her already. It took about a week or two before they were serious. Yes, within two weeks we were in love. We clicked immediately. We knew the other was the one for us.

Comment

Writergirl55, Your story is adorable!!! >.< I've always thought that lovers who met at a young age was the absolute cutest thing! If dont mind, how far are you two?
                                Last edited by Chelsie's Gabriel; January 10, 2014, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X