Meeting him for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Meeting him for the first time

I met him through my friend, who's been friends with him for a few years, 5 months ago (20th February), we spoke all the time for four days from when we woke up in the morning til about half one or two the next morning. I told him more about myself than I'd ever told anyone in that time and he told me he liked me and I was special and the nicest girl he knew. I'm 16 and he's 18.

We got together on the 25th February and since then we've spoke every night on the phone or video chat on Skype and we text all day.

I'm seeing him at the beginning of August but I'm worried that it's going to be awkward or he won't like me. I'll only be seeing him for the day as well so will it be harder to say goodbye?

Also my parents don't know about him yet although I think my mum may have suspicions. If they ask who I'm on the phone to I say a mates name. my mum has walked in on us once while we were on skype after us being together for a few weeks and she said she thinks he's gay. How do I tell them because they're all against me even being in a relationship with people who live near me let alone anyone who lives somewhere else. My mum did move in with my dad the same she met him tho, so if they are against it still would it be a good idea to use that against them? How long did you wait until you told your parents?

We will be in Oxford for part of the day and then we'll go to my nans house (she knows about us) so she can get to know him and maybe let him stay next time I see him.

I'm in a similar situation, my SO is 18 and I am 16. We are planning to meet and I am extremely nervous. You just think well what if we don't get on in person, or it is awkward. When you do meet its better to just act like you normally do when you are talking, ask similar questions, and then the conversation should just flow. It is scary to meet someone for the first time, even though you have been talking for months. My mum knows about me and my boyfriend, and she says that she would even travel with me to meet him and then leave us to it, at first she wasn't as understanding. Its best to talk to your parents about the whole thing right from the beginning because the longer you two are together, the longer your parents don't know about it. My dad, doesn't know but I will be telling him in a few months once things are settled with me and my boyfriend. Overall, it is better to tell someone rather than no one. You have got on for months, so there shouldn't be a problem getting on in person. As you mentioned you are only seeing him for the day, saying goodbye maybe hard because you might not know when you will see each other again, however meeting just for the day a few times is a good idea, and then you can gradually start spending more time together. I'm no expert an LDR's, this is all fairly new to me aswell, however if you ever want to talk just message me.

Lauren
    x

Comment

First of all I wouldn't use anything your parents did "against them". You want to win them over, not forbid you from seeing him forever. As for not liking each other in person, I'm not going to lie it does happen. Some couples finally meet and there's just no spark IRL. However, as you may be able to tell from lots of us being around, this is not generally the case. Also, it's going to be hard to say goodbye regardless, and that never gets easier unfortunately.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X