Just broke up a few days ago.. desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Just broke up a few days ago.. desperate

Hello everyone. I just need to get something off my chest. I can't deal with it at the moment and I constantly have that feeling in my stomach which you get when you go down on a roller coaster. You probably know what I mean.

So, I live in the Netherlands, in the south near Belgium, and my ex lives close to Amsterdam. We had been dating for almost 2 years, of which the first months were awesome, but then it started going downhill. I was a very jealous and controlling person, getting mad when she was online on Whatsapp, talking to someone else, when she wore tight jeans in public, when she was talking to another guy etc etc. We were fighting almost every day, and whenever we were in a discussion, she would talk with a friend of her, showing screenshots of the awful things I used to say to her when I was mad. Her friend eventually passed this on to my ex girlfriend's mother, who, at around March 13th, told my ex to break up with me and told her to never contact me again.

In the meantime, we were still talking through Skype, WhatsApp and so on. We were unsure about our future, however. We never knew if we'd be together ever again, and that feeling just broke our hearts for almost three months straight. We started fighting even more, because she felt like I wasn't giving her enough time to talk with her parents. The point was, though, she never really talked with her parents. Because of that, we never really made progress. Until a few days ago, we got into a really huge argument, because I let out all my emotions and told her that I was sick of her wasting more time and doing nothing. She started hanging out with a well known Dutch YouTuber as well, which made things even more horrible. After that discussion, we broke up and blocked each other everywhere.

My jealous, curious and controlling personality, however, couldn't handle this. I created a new Facebook account so I could check out what she was up to, and yesterday she uploaded a picture of herself with a new t-shirt she had bought. I turned red, my heart was pounding in my chest and I got really angry. I started texting her horrible things, so she unblocked me on WhatsApp and said that she was done with me and that she never wanted to see me again. In the evening, I contacted a friend to ask him to check my ex's last seen, which is very dumb. He told me that she was currently online, and again, I turned red and became furious. I called her, saying that I hate how she is doing perfect while I am sitting here just dying. I started crying so hard, I was feeling so much pain, and she told me that everything was going to be okay. It was a lie, however, because she told that same friend of mine that she was just giving me false hope, because she didn't want to see me cry. That broke me, and the past night I have been crying constantly, not closing an eye throughout the entire night.

Right now, I don't know what to do. I am seriously overweight, I am 1.75cm tall and I weigh 109 kilograms. I have started to seriously lose some weight 3 days ago, and it still is going well, and I hope to keep going. Though, the thougts of her are not fading away, and every time I think of her I get stomach aches. I keep thinking about how we went to Italy last summer, and had the time of our lives et cetera. It's breaking me, I don't know what to do, I'm constantly spying on her Facebook and Instagram, and asking my friend to check her last seen. I want to get over this, get over her, and go on with my life from where I ended once I got into a relationship with her. It's so hard though, and I feel so powerless. Just needed to get this of my chest..

I'm going to honest with you, until you let this behavior of yours go and try to change, you will not be happy with any girl and no girl will be happy with you.

Stop checking up on her, stop contacting her. You're making things a lot worse. It's not the end of the world. You're only 17. You will find someone else, but not until you fix your behavior. You can't love and trust someone else if you hate yourself. Work on your self confidence.

Comment

Wow. I'm just going to be blunt with you, and I'm sorry (that I'm really not sorry) if you don't like it. Your behavior is abusive. You have absolutely NO RIGHT to treat a woman ( or anyone for that matter) that way. Your girlfriend should be allowed to say, do, and act any damn way she pleases. That's part of a mature and trusting relationship. If she likes to wear tight jeans, you have no right to tell her not to because IT'S HER BODY. If she has other friends that she's talking to that's a good thing because that means that she isn't isolated. The fact that you want her to be isolated and only talk to you is a HUGE red flag as far as your personality type. You also describe yourself as a "jealous and controlling" personality. Well guess what? You need to grow the hell up and in a hurry because that behavior is absolutely unacceptable for ANYONE. It actually sounds to me like you seriously need some help controlling your anger. You are destined for an abusive and controlling relationship unless you get help and fast. Along with this, you have absolutely NO SAY in what she does now that you are broken up and no right to be angry because she's continuing to live her life and text friends (which by the way, why the hell are you getting angry that she's online. That's seriously messed up and kind of creepy). STOP SENDING HER MESSAGES, STOP LOOKING AT HER SOCIAL MEDIA, STOP ASKING FRIENDS TO LOOK FOR YOU AND PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP TREATING WOMEN LIKE YOU CONTROL THEM

Comment

Stay strong Stef. I have never broken up with someone before but you sound like you're in a lot of pain. Maybe you need sometime apart from all this mess, take a step back and breathe. It's got to be normal what you're doing, checking her facebook and stuff especially when you guys have been together for so long. Take a break, talk to some friends, maybe even do something impulsive and fun. It's not the end of the world. It's good to know that you're losing some weight, keep yourself distracted and maybe the pain will go away. Keep fighting Stef and before you know it, you've moved on

Comment

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
          Wow. I'm just going to be blunt with you, and I'm sorry (that I'm really not sorry) if you don't like it. Your behavior is abusive. You have absolutely NO RIGHT to treat a woman ( or anyone for that matter) that way. Your girlfriend should be allowed to say, do, and act any damn way she pleases. That's part of a mature and trusting relationship. If she likes to wear tight jeans, you have no right to tell her not to because IT'S HER BODY. If she has other friends that she's talking to that's a good thing because that means that she isn't isolated. The fact that you want her to be isolated and only talk to you is a HUGE red flag as far as your personality type. You also describe yourself as a "jealous and controlling" personality. Well guess what? You need to grow the hell up and in a hurry because that behavior is absolutely unacceptable for ANYONE. It actually sounds to me like you seriously need some help controlling your anger. You are destined for an abusive and controlling relationship unless you get help and fast. Along with this, you have absolutely NO SAY in what she does now that you are broken up and no right to be angry because she's continuing to live her life and text friends (which by the way, why the hell are you getting angry that she's online. That's seriously messed up and kind of creepy). STOP SENDING HER MESSAGES, STOP LOOKING AT HER SOCIAL MEDIA, STOP ASKING FRIENDS TO LOOK FOR YOU AND PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP TREATING WOMEN LIKE YOU CONTROL THEM
          Couldn't have said this any better.

Comment

Thank you for the answers. And MissingMyDutchLove, there is absolutely no reason why I should be mad at you for saying it like that. You're right, absolutely right. I need to change my personality real quick because this will lead to serious problems later on in my life. I have been talking with an old friend recently (which I had to leave behind because my ex didn't like him) and he broke up recently as well, so he is basically on the same train. We are hanging out today and tomorrow we're going to a swimming park somewhere near where I live, with some other friends as well. They are really trying their best to help me get through this and I couldn't have wished for better friends. It's hard to accept that it's over, and if I got another chance I would approach things so differently. It is what it is, however, and I can't change it. I will have to let her go completely, and even though it's so hard at the moment, there is no other choice.

Comment

You need to loosen up about your weight and looks. I have weighed 94 kilograms and is 170 of hight, but you wouldn't see me going about on how I should control everyone because they will cheat on me and what not. In fact, it was when I was this fat that I really started to have a big attraction effect on people. I dipped into polyamory because another man fell in love with me, in addition to my husband. And while I have a fairly good looking face, I am not really extraordinarily good looking. So why the attraction? Because I didn't give a fuck. I thought, no matter what my weight, that I looked great. Do you know what I do? I take care of myself and my looks, is physically active (with all that extra weight I still worked out 3-4 times a week and went to health camps in summer). Now I have lost that weight and people are very oh and ah about it, but I still don't give a fuck. I am happy to move around more easily, but I think I always looked good. If you are happy about you, it solves 97 % of your problems.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
              X