No announcement yet.

Members with children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 3. They have not met my SO yet, but the time comes near. Thursday to be exact. Im nervous. My son has been acting out a lot lately and Im trying to handle it the best that i can. I dont know how he is going to handle and react to meeting my SO...

Any advice on how to prepare them (the children)???? Im extremely nervous about it, only because of how much my son has been acting out...

Comment

I have a 7 yr old son and my SO doesn't have any kids. My son knows of our ldr and is alright with it he talks with him when and sometimes starts up a conversation without me. My SO has even helped my son with his homework through skype when he needs it. My son is just as excited as I am to meet him in March when he comes for two weeks.

Comment

I have a teenage daughter living at home. She is 16. My SO has been very sensitive to her all along. They started by just speaking on the phone a few times, then she joined us on a Skype call for a moment or two. Now, they have worked into a good relationship and talk for long times on Skype. There is a huge history of problems with my daughter's dad, and she needs the friendship with a trusted adult man. She admires my SO, and she wants to move with me when it's time. Too many people in my town try to get in our business with my ex, and she is tired of that. My SO has helped by sending little gifts to her, too. My concern is his adult daughters. They want him to be happy, but they might never accept another woman replacing their deceased mother. All I can do is be myself and pray.

Comment

I have a 10 month old little boy who is not my SOs. I met my So right after conceiving my son and I didn't know I was pregnant at the time.. For some odd reason he stayed with me through my pregnancy and everything. It makes things rough cause I want to move to England once I graduate Uni but I will have custody to work with.. And every time I go visit him I have to have my baby's father write a consent letter allowing me to take him.. I'm not sure how that will all go, but I do know I have an advantage over my babies father as I am a much more fit parent than he is. So hopefully it will all work out okay.

Comment

We both have a child each, my son is 21months and his son it's 5.Neather of us have meet each others child, but my SO it's traveling to my city to meet my son in 2 weeks, and I'm definitely nervous and exited!!

Comment

He has no children....never wanted any. I have three. 2 daughters, 24 and 14, and a son, 11. My divorce isn't final so they don't know anything concrete, although they know I FaceTime every night and that we are friends. My son has spoken to him on FaceTime. My oldest must know something is going on because I go to NY once or twice a month, but she doesn't live with me anymore so she isn't privy to what goes on daily (although she does work for me so she knows when I am out of town). My soon to be ex still lives in the house (financial reasons) but is looking for a place now. He does his thing and I do mine...no questions asked.

I have always worried how my children will change the relationship. I don't worry about my son...he will be great. He will be excited to have a man in his life to toss a ball with or go to a game with (not my ex husbands idea of a good time). My middle daughter....she's been known to be difficult...so she's a crap shoot! My oldest...oh boy! She will be a problem. Total daddy's girl and the one having the hardest time with us splitting up. Not looking forward to this at all......
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I have 2 boys. 13 & 12
                My friend has 2 girls 20 & 19

My boys know I talk to someone a lot, but they don't pay much attention
                His girls know about me.
                Right now, that's as far as we've gotten as we are having our first face to face in 16 days

Comment

Working...
                X