Far away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far away

My SO and I have been together for almost a year. When we met he was military. He has left the military now. I live in NY and he lives in KS. The plan was he would leave the military and move home. However he has a 4 year old daughter still in KS. He was going to court for custody, but we were sure it was a done deal, we were going to win. We had evidence against the mother where she was trying to sell furniture for narcotics, also trying to buy drugs on the internet. We have a video of her coming home at 3am drunk, child still awake playing. The mother was screaming at child that she was a mistake and ruined her body and she wished she could put her in a car and drive her off a cliff. We have a parents talking app that the judge can read where she is just constantly going off on my SO, swearing at him and being inappropriate. We have proof that she dumped red paint in child's underwear and then accused SO of abusing child, the police even showed up at his house and stated they felt it wa s marker or paint. No charges were filed. The mother was showing up at daycare on my SO days and telling the child daddy was keeping them apart, which would lead to melt downs.
    With all of that being said, the judge awarded mother custody because KS is a mother state. The judge said that if my SO stays in KS then they can have shared equal custody, every other week. But if he comes home to NY then we get her every summer, every spring break, and every other Christmas or Thanksgiving. Before court I asked my SO what would happen if custody didn't go his way, he stated he would still come home and continue to do what was needed to get the child. Fast forward to after court. Now he feels he has to stay and I cant make him choose between me and his daughter.
    Maybe I'm being selfish here, but these were his promises, he frequently reassured me I had nothing to worry about. I have two businesses here and my whole family, which I'm very close to. He has now asked me to drop all of those things and move to KS. This upsets me but when I try to Express that he says I just don't want to give KS a chance. Which isn't true. I've literally worked my entire life for these businesses, and I barely go a day without seeing someone in my family. I'm angry because I feel like he lied. I'm angry because I'm ridiculously in move with him, but I feel like I got dealt the short end of the stick here. What would you do? I really just need to vent and be heard. He and I never fight. We plan to get married, but I've been trying to put talks of that on hold because we cant even figure out our living situation. I don't know what to do and I feel constantly lost. I suggested continuing the long distance thing for a while, we do very well with that. But he says he can only handle the distance for another year and then he doesn't know if he can do it anymore because it hurts too much. I agree, it hurts, but we're both doing our best. Any advice?

I am by no means an expert in this, but from what you described it certainly sounds like child abuse. If not physical then emotional.

He should talk to child protective services in his county, if he hasn't already.

And above all else get the best lawyer you can find and get that kid away from the b****!!! Before it is too late.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
      I am by no means an expert in this, but from what you described it certainly sounds like child abuse. If not physical then emotional.

He should talk to child protective services in his county, if he hasn't already.

And above all else get the best lawyer you can find and get that kid away from the b****!!! Before it is too late.
      I couldn't agree with you more! Supposedly his lawyer is the best, however I find him to be lazy. We have talked about child services. It's still something we are considering, and I talked him into taking child to therapy. Thank you for your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by KBK113 View Post
        ....Supposedly his lawyer is the best, however I find him to be lazy. ....
        Doesn't sound like it to me (being the best).

Then go get the second best! Just get that child out of there before she is physically harmed, or worse!

Comment

We are currently looking for a different lawyer. But we were told that we couldn't appeal custody until may because anytime before that and the judge feels we didn't give it enough time. That's why I said to get her into therapy, so we have another person who can vouche that the mother is toxic. We asked the therapist about CPS. And she said not at this time and to give her more time with the little one so she can make a better assessment. So right now we are playing a waiting game.

Comment

Working...
          X