No announcement yet.

Pressed flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a lovely idea Pity about the customs restrictions though.

Comment

There is no way pressed flowers would make it through customs, far too many possibilities for introducing something. Maybe if they were preserved in resin.
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

That is too bad about customs! My SO is romantic and loves vintage things, he would have loved it so much if I sent him pressed flowers.... mind you, though it is not allowed I wonder if it would actually not go through? I sent so many strange random things (a strand of hair, and painted eggshells amongst other things!!) without any problem...
        First met online: June, 2010
        First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
        Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Third visit together: August, 2012
        Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
        Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
        Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
        Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

How beautiful! I should try something like that :3
          Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

This is really awesome! I might try this now!
            "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

First met online: Around March of 2007, both aged 14
            First got together: March 30, 2012
            First met in person: December 15, 2012

Comment

That's an awesome idea to include in a love letter! I don't know if I can take it over the border when I visit my guy though, I'll have to check. I have been saving our corsage and boutineer from prom and it would be cool to press them

Comment

I have never pressed a flower, so I don't know how fragile they are, but couldn't you put the flower on a sheet of paper and run it through a plastic laminating machine? Or would the heat be too much? You could use some nice coloured or patterned paper, or even draw (or write) something on it yourself. This way it would also be isolated, so in my mind, it SHOULD be able to get through customs... Just a thought.

Comment

Aww, i really want to try doing this... i wish i could send it to my SO....
                  so would this not even be allowed at all in the usa to post to over there? that's a shame....
                  i love pressed flowers and how dainty they look

Comment

My boyfriend sent me flowers for Valentine's day this year, and I pressed some of the flowers, and one of them is a rose that I have placed on top of this clock I have in my room. I'm surprised that it hasn't fallen apart yet!

Comment

Originally posted by dglynn77 View Post
                      I pressed a flower from my V-day bouquet! (First flowers he ever gave me )
                      I did this too! My SO gave me flowers from proflowers for Valentines Day (first flowers ever) and I pressed a few of them and put them into a page in a scrapbook I made him .

Comment

Working...
                      X