Small Confusion with International Letter Sending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Confusion with International Letter Sending

So my whole family uses Forever stamps and I never understood exactly what that would do for postage; to me it was one and send. But that was within country.
    I have no idea what that would mean in sending a letter to Argentina, and I haven't been able to find any information on the internet that I can consider accurate. Not to mention the USPS website confuses me to death. Would anyone maybe know or know a way to find out?

Take it to a post office, pay what they charge.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Take it to a post office, pay what they charge.
      I will if it comes to it. It's just that I have to walk everywhere (family has no car and I couldn't drive it if we did since I don't have a license yet)
      I would rather mail it from home at that aspect.

Comment

If it's just a standard letter, you need an international stamp. Post office has them. They're $1.20 when I sent a letter to NZ, but I think that's the standard international stamp rate.

Forever stamps (as you say) are for use in the US. They're different than standard stamps because you can use them no matter what the price of postage is. It's not gonna matter, since they're switching more to forever stamps only.. but, for example, if you had a book of 32 cent stamps, and the cost of sending a letter goes from 32 cents to 40 cents before you use them all, you'd need to get 8 cents more worth of stamps, or use 2 stamps. With a forever stamp, it doesn't matter, you can use them forever. If you bought a forever stamp 10 years ago and paid $1 and the cost of stamps now is $35, it doesn't matter, you don't need to have $25's worth of more stamps, you can just use your 10 year old forever stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelofFluffiness View Post
          I will if it comes to it. It's just that I have to walk everywhere (family has no car and I couldn't drive it if we did since I don't have a license yet)
          I would rather mail it from home at that aspect.
          I guess you can take the bus or have someone drive you. You have to make sure you have the correct stamps, otherwise it will not be sent to the right place. I pay about 2 dollars to send a letter to Turkey.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ah, I see. Thank you both. I will try to find a way to get ahold of those then.

Comment

Working...
            X