No announcement yet.

Has your SO agreed to Love Letter Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With mine, finances are tight and so I don't want him to spend the money on anything. He sent me a picture of his handwriting once that I woke up to and I was what I imagined it would be. Fantastic I kept it as my lock screen until he sent me something else He makes fun of me for being all sentimental and stuff, although he is too, to an extent I did manage to get his address out of him and sent him a little something I wrote a note that apparently took off flying down the street that he said he chased after until he caught it

Your situation is really tough, AussieAmericanGirl, he's got the family issues that make it difficult. Some guys just aren't as much into that kind of stuff, either. Alexandra is right. Love letters are hard. I find it difficult to put into words the depths of emotion I feel. I'd much rather show him in person but in the meantime I keep reading through what you all are doing and it gives me ideas and hope
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

My SO does not send me anything in the mail, he always ponders to send me something (I know he kept the adress from the first thing I sent him), but it is just he is not as imaginative (his words) as me, he is not so good with words (he must mean in writing), he is usually more busy than me and frankly there is not point to send someting as I travel there faster than the mail. I also only sent him stuff when there was 2 months or more between our visits, now it is easier to just bring it. I would appreciate it if he would write me like little notes, maybe I shall ask him for it - if he writes me in Turkish I can make use of my translation skills, which is dying for improvement! I did use to write him love letters, but actually he has indicated that I slow down with all of it, so that he can find stuff to prove HIS love. Since we share a flat now, I feel a bit as our flat is like a canvas of our love - I can imagine leaving love letters lying around the house on my next departure, writing in lipstick on our mirror and things like that.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I do love letter mouth for my SO every month but she doesn't really get a lot of money since she doesn't currently have a job and since even sending a simple letter is sort of pricey. recently the mail has been absolutely terrible though so we're laying off sending stuff for a while. she tried to send me something last month and after a month of waiting we just accepted it had been lost but then the other day it ended up being delivered back to her. i sent her a letter for may there and it still hasn't arrived yet D: we're both having really bad luck with the mail just now it seems.
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I love this idea! Now I need to figure out a way to ask him to do it that'll make him agree to it ;D

Comment

My SO seems to like the idea of sending letters, but I'm not actually sure he has the time/patience to actually sit down and write one. He sent me a package through amazon once, but it was something a bit more r-rated than I expected. So, the thought was there? lol
            I guess I would like a different kind of romance. Especially when I sent him a birthday present and a nice, long love letter not too long ago.

Welp, we still have a long ways to go, so maybe he'll warm up to the idea when he gets more free time.
            Every long lost dream led me to where you are
            Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
            Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
            This much I know is true...
            That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Working...
            X