Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do guys actually like this stuff? I always thought they found it soppy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming from a male perspective, I can tell you that I LOVE getting love letters from my girlfriend. I wish she would write more. Whenever I'm feeling down or stressed, a love letter from her always makes my day. I can just log on (we keep a love letter journal on a private blog page) and go read what she wrote to me! It never fails to put a smile on my face. Likewise, I know that when I write her a love letter, she's just as happy as can be. I know that she goes back to read everything I write to her and it makes her day too.

So yes, men like love letters also!

I wouldn't exactly call it an "ego boost". Just like women, men want to feel needed and loved. We love our girlfriends, but we want to feel loved back as well. We are also fighters, and we need somebody in our lives worth fighting for. Being reminded how much we're loved by that special someone gives us the strength to keep going and do more for her.

Comment

I have always loved love letters, even as a teenager. I suspect I always will. It doesn't have to be long - just a half a page, or even less. I can't speak for every guy, obviously, but this one loves them.

Comment

During our first year of long distance, I wrote my boyfriend a 13 page love letter. Yes, 13 pages. I couldn't just stick it in a normal white envelope, I had to put it in one of those yellow envelopes. Good times xD. It wasn't anything specific...it was mostly about things going on in my life, choices I had to make, how school was going, some song lyrics...I didn't write it all at one time either, I would write a bit each day for like a week or something, and then put it down. When I got to the 13th page I figured I should stop writing and actually send it to him, before it became a book. xD Jaja! Good times. Before we restarted the distance again (after a year of CD), I decided that I would try to write him a letter every month. Each envelope has the month written on it at the bottom corner.

Comment

I talked about writing love letters with my SO and he just raved about how much he loved the idea of getting a love letter from me. So the other day I baked some cookies and put them in a little chinese take out box and doddled on the outside. I put a letter on top of the cookies and in the letter I taped one of my favorite fortunes. I tied the box with a sparkly ribbon in his favorite color and sent it in the mail yesterday. That was the first letter I sent him so I hope he likes it!

Comment

My so says that he loves getting letters. When I mention sending him something he always tells me that he doesn't mind what I send as long as I include a 'heartfelt' letter. He's not a teenage guy, but he is a rather young guy, he just turned 21 and I've been sending him things for about half a year or so. He says that he likes the attention and knowing that he's cared for.
            He doesn't write letters though. I wish he would at times, but he just doesn't like to. He wrote me a note for valentines day and I love it, even though it was small, and I am hoping that he will send another (or maybe even a letter) for my birthday next month. ^_^;

I guess it just depends on the guy and the type of relationship that the two of you have.
            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

My SO was the one who started our letter sending.

Comment

Wow, so many great ideas here! Definitely makes me want to write a letter to my SO very soon incorporating some of these ideas

My SO and I don't write letters to each other very often, but we try to make a point to send a card to each other on important dates such as birthdays, christmas, etc.; and we'd write our 'letter' in our card instead.
                Although I have written a random letter to him in the past, I think I should do so more often. He tells me that he keeps my cards/letters together, and every so often he would enjoy going through reading them

Comment

Mine enjoys them, we talk everyda but it's still nice to be able to write letters to one another and get something to look forward too each week. He sends his on a friday, so I get it at the start of my work week that monday. Then I mail his that tuesday before he goes to grad school class that night. We both say it brightens up our day to get something like that. (:

Comment

Originally posted by hrp2007 View Post
                    Mine enjoys them, we talk everyda but it's still nice to be able to write letters to one another and get something to look forward too each week. He sends his on a friday, so I get it at the start of my work week that monday. Then I mail his that tuesday before he goes to grad school class that night. We both say it brightens up our day to get something like that. (:
                    I wonder if she dances waiting for my letter like she does waiting for my phone call. Hmm >.>

But yeah, we've gotten into a routine of getting and sending letters every week. One time I wasn't able to mail mine until the next day, and it still got to her on a Monday as planned! We do indeed both love doing it : )

Comment

i always thought the same thing! my boyfriend is the least emotional person in the world so i felt unsure about writing him a letter, but it turned out that he loved it. It even makes it easier for guys to say things back to us after we open up, which is easiest to do through writing.

Comment

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
                        My SO is 19 and LOVES it! Just like nicole said, his are actually WAY more lovey dovey than mine. I keep a little book and try to write down little comments from my day that I would share if he was here. Like: "Today we have 42 days left, just thought I'd share. I also saw a cloud in the shape of a semi-heart/circle. IT'S A SIGN!!!" anything like that he really really enjoys so he feels like he's apart of my day everyday
                        i really liked your small ideas there , you gave me things to do !!

Comment

Working...
                        X