USPS going out of business??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USPS going out of business??

Has everyone heard the news? The USPS (United States Postal Service) is said to be going out of business. If "swift government action" is not taken place it could be completely bankrupt by December. Thoughts?

This could certainly put a damper in the love letters! Unless you want to pay the $15 to fed ex your letter...

Here's a bit off the Colbert Report. Really want to throw this on because the professor is from my alma mater!!!

https://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...r---phil-rubio

I read something briefly about it. I think if anything its businesses like this that should be bailed out, not car companies!

Comment

Fine! Everytime I send a package to my girl with them, they charge her for the delivery in addition to shipping. If they're gone and Fed-Ex is the only option I'll stop making the mistake of using the post-office.

And bills can also be paid electronically. I need my mail person to stop bringing me bills through mail and sleet and snow. Let them not go out of business, but seek proper restructuring to need less funds than they do.

That said, they still can send things across the world for two bucks if they're a little paper letter. I guess they have some use.[COLOR="Silver"]

Comment

This would be a huge bummer, IMO. They should cut their hours of services (I mean, we don't really NEED mail delivery on weekends) and maybe expand into banking (like post offices in Europe).

Comment

I read that they're planning on closing 3700 branches? Neither of the branches in my area of California are scheduled to close, but the list isn't complete, and if either were to, I think I'd be incredibly upset. Both Fed-Ex and UPS seem to charge through the roof for what I can send/pay more reasonably (read as: cheaply) through USPS, and they've never let me down as far as quality control. Everything has always arrived extremely efficiently for not so much of a charge, and I would hate to lose the cheaper option. :/
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

I hope they won't close any branch near to me and my so :s
            And this also will increase the unemployment, so I don't think is the best idea :s

Comment

Originally posted by JennyRW View Post
              I hope they won't close any branch near to me and my so :s
              And this also will increase the unemployment, so I don't think is the best idea :s
              Though they're having to take from everything. :/ Even look at the schools and everything they've cut from them: profs, programs... We lost a ghastly amount of teachers/professors in the psychology department in a year. It increases unemployment no matter where they cut it, but they're having to take from everything. It's sad, really.

I liked the other's suggestion about taking from the "program" as opposed to closing branches entirely. I agree about the weekends thing. It's nice to have mail on weekends but not entirely necessary. Just seems like this is going to be a huge inconvenience. I'm looking at all the branches they want to close in different parts of San Francisco... SF is huge, so I imagine they'll be largely affected by the closing of so many branches.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

This may be helpful

https://thehill.com/video/in-the-new...ut-of-business
                " There is always hope.
                "

Comment

Would make more sense to stop deliveries on weekends, do not know what i would do if the one near me closed. i live in the country and the nearest UPS is a half hour for me, plus the cost is insane!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X