No announcement yet.

Getting married for residency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think marriage would just sorta kinda make the bond officially to everyone to see etc
    For me (even if I agree with the fact that its basically just a piece of paper) its still important and I doubt that I could live with the love of my life forever without gettin married.
    And usually I think gettin married for the sake of havin residency is probably the worst thing you could do but then again it depends on the situation.
    Like myself, me and my bf truely love each other and even if it wasnt official yet but he has asked me a bunch of times if I wanna marry him and if I had the chance to I think I really would (seein as we're both pretty young I'd probably go for bein engaged for a while and then but anyways).
    We have both talked about it and he has offered me himself to basically get married formally so I would get all the paper stuff and we could move together and end the distance, and he said that he would marry me anyway cause he loves me.
    And yes thinkin about it makes me feel weird but honestly I'd rather choose this way if I knew I couldnt end the distance any other way for the next years (like 5 or more).
    Cause I know Im not doin it for myself so I be like "oh look im so cool i live in the states now" or wherever, Im doing it for my relationship and for the love of my life.

Comment

I don't have any issues with marrying my SO if it made it easier for her to stay here, i know that i will spend the rest of my life with her so i don't see any problems with marrying her as i want that so much.
      I have suggested that we get married so she can have residency and then have a small ceremony later so we can celebrate our marriage in a decent way. I am a huuuuuge romantic but i don't care about how we do this as long as i can be with her. I know i won't regret a thing.

Comment

I belive you shouldn't marry only for a residence permit. But I belive that if you love the person, and you want to spend the rest of your life with them, and want to make the final commitment, there is no problem for me if they will get a residence permit because we married, because I see it as a love match not a papers match.

Comment

My boyfriend and I thinking about getting married next summer. He lives in the US and I live in Germany and it's kinda impossible for me to get a work permission or student visa over there - so it would kinda be for residence. But then I just want the residence because I love him - so wouldn't be the marriage stimm for the reason of love?!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X