No announcement yet.

We talk about it-a lot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not? Almost everyone loves bacon and pancakes/waffles/french toast.

(My SO and I both LOVE food too!)

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

I think it's definitely different and unique! I think if you do this, you should have a morning or midday wedding though.

Comment

I love this idea. I'm however not partial to being traditional, thats just me. The night before our wedding my fiance and I want to be together, we've spent long enough apart and don't believe the 'oh my god thats bad luck!' crap.

You can have whatever you like, its your day and this will be something you will remember forever where as your guests, its not as big of a deal for them. I say go for it!

Comment

My best friend wanted a fast food bar! It is your wedding do what you want. It will defiantly make an impression that is for sure!
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I'm traditional at heart, but I love the unconventional parts of "modern" weddings. Not set on doing the whole "unity" candle/sand/etc. Completely unsure how I feel about it, but I have also told him that he can wear whatever he wants (I do want to know what his decision is... simply so we can plan a more formal/casual invitation based on what he's wearing and what style dress I end up getting.). It's up to him to help dress the groomsmen-I completely trust that he will make them look nice. (He doesn't want to be embarrassed in 15-20 years when we show our kids our wedding day pictures, haha).

Thanks for all of your input!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea! People love weddings that show off the bride and groom's personalities. My brother wore black and white shoes at his wedding and my sister-in-law's something blue was her shoes. Yes it was strange, but it was so them and people loved it! One of the pictures in their wedding album is just of their feet. It makes me smile every time I see it

Also, I second the mimosas! Greatest breakfast drink ever.

Comment

I'm too practical for my own good so my first thought was, "You'll save so much money!!" I'm a big brinner fan as well. My SO though is very set in his a wedding is a formal event mindset for us to do something like that. BUT he also knows that money is an issue, so most likely when the time comes we'll be having a morning (I'm not a morning person, but I'll wake up to get married and save money) wedding with a brunch reception.

He's also Pictish (think Braveheart, ancient Scotish/Celtic). They have a ton of wedding traditions we're considering putting into practice. One of them is not talking or seeing each other for three days before the wedding. I'm game for it if he wants to do it.

It's YOUR wedding. Do what YOU want to do. You're going to get input from everyone, but in the end if you're happy that's really all that matters.
                ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

We're also going to do this: https://pinterest.com/pin/192951165254789705/

I showed him that pin, and he's totally okay with it. (We love Converse.) Probably not for the ceremony, but maybe for the reception. Definitely for the honeymoon!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X