Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rings

All right, ladies. I have a question for all of you. Even if you and your SO haven't talked about marriage yet, that's okay. You can still answer.

So, would you rather your SO:
    pick out the ring on his own and surprise you with it,
    go shopping with you and you tell him what you want, and then he buys that one (and surprises you with it later),
    propose without a ring and then you go pick out the ring together and he buys it then,
    or something else?

Personally, I want my SO to pick out my ring. We have gone shopping and I've sent him things I like and things I don't like about rings, and we've agreed that we don't want it to be gaudy. But in the end, I want him to pick it out for me. I will love it because he has picked it out for me.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

For me it'd depend on who'll be doing the proposing! If it was him I'd be happy to let him decide on the ring without my "approval" if he wanted to, but knowing him I don't know how confident he'd be about doing so. Otherwise I suppose we'd choose it together and he'd surprise me with it later. However, if it was me I'd buy a ring myself but keep the receipt, so once he saw it we could always take it back if he wanted us to pick out something as a couple

Comment

I'd prefer he went and got one and surprised me with it Though I have showed him quite a few pictures of ones I like the most and we've done some window shopping together So he should know my taste.

Anyway, I'd like it to have the element of surprise.. and I can't wait to see what he chooses

Comment

I'd like him to, with conditions? We both have pretty similar taste when it comes to rings, both prefer white gold, on the smaller end, but he knows I love the loopy-type bands so I should hope he'd remember what I've said about rings when going to pick one out, but I would love for him to completely surprise me with it, though I wouldn't mind picking one out as a couple either.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Hmm, I'm pretty laid back and don't really mind. My SO has pretty good taste too, so, I think he'll do fine. We've talked about it a bit and he's shown me stuff he likes for me. So yeah, surprise works for me xD I might have to show him some stuff I do like just in case though

Comment

I'd love for him to pick it out by himself!

Comment

I'd like him to pick it... I want the surprise.

So far I've told him I hate yellow gold... and that I'd rather have a silver engagement ring/wedding band (I love silver!!!) and save some extra money for other kind of things for our life together (buying stuff for our house for example). He actually surprised me by saying he was thinking of titanium instead of white gold/silver... which is nice too and titanium is one of the strongest and most resistant metals so I kinda like the meaning it would bring to our marriage (if we get to that point).

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

I want him to choose, and he wants to choose on his own as well. We've talked about it tons - we do plan on getting married but no formal engagement yet. I've shown him ideas but he said that he'd rather go out on his own and find the ring. I've told him I don't want some super expensive elaborate ring and that I'd be happy with silver to keep the costs down. I don't know that he'll listen to me But I know whatever he picks I will love because I know he will have thought about it and chosen what he thinks I should have.

Comment

I would like for him to pick it out himself. He has an excellent taste in jewelry so I'm not worried. Plus he is aware of what I like in an engagement ring: white gold, not a solitare, setting not to high so it doesn't get in my way, and not too expensive!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                  Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                  Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                  Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                  Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

My SO picked out the ring(s) he wanted to get me, then asked for my input on whether I liked it. I told him that I trusted his taste and not to worry about it (he had already asked about a few of my preferences, such as yellow or white gold), but it was important to him that I loved it. So that's what we did.
                    My heart belongs to a pilot!
                    ~*~
                    ~*~
                    [/center]

Comment

whatever my SO would choose I would wear it but still I would like him to know what I like and what not lol

Comment

I'd like him to want to know what I like about rings and then go shopping himself and surprise me with the ring. I'm confident, he'd pick out a good one and that I'd love it.

Comment

I would definitely want him to pick it for me.
                          Because the choice was made with love and it comes from him to me.
                          I'd really wear anything he would give me.
                          He gave me a simple bracelet he was wearing on his last visit.
                          It doesn't suit me super well but i never take it off and it's worth more than gold because it's his.
                          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Well, He went shopping and surprised me with it..... though it was 3 sizes too big, and I had to have it sized for me

Comment

I'd want my SO to pick out the ring himself, he's got a good sense of what I like and I'd like it regardless because it means he put some thought into it, he took time to think about what I would like and what would look good on me rather than me just pointing at something and him buying it without his own thoughts put into it.

Notes:
                              Met: 8.17.09
                              Started Dating: 8.20.09
                              First Met: 10.2.10
                              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                              X