Get me to the church on time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get me to the church on time!

This thread is inspired by a horse-drawn wedding carriage I saw parked beneath the Chapel of the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich yesterday afternoon. Driven by a horseman in a top hat and pulled by two black horses with white plumes on their heads, the beautiful white and silver carriage looked like something out of a fairy tale! I imagine it must've been pretty pricey to hire, but hey, if you can afford it...

How would you like to travel to your big day? Let your imaginations run wild! A vintage bus, perhaps? Or maybe a pedicab rickshaw? For me it'd have to be these:

Haha, no, I'm joking - my SO would never agree to it! If money was no object, I'd love to ride in an open top Rolls-Royce. Or maybe that Cinderella-esque carriage after all

My cousin got married in Charleston, South Carolina. Her husband and her took a carriage like this out of the church. It was decorated though! This picture is just from Google Images and is not my cousin haha!

I want to take a vintage car if possible. Most likely my reception site will be far from the church (cause I'm from the middle of nowhere) so anything else would be impractical.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Maybe a limo? I dunno, i don't know if it's worth it to get a fancy ride from the church to the reception, although, i have no idea where i'm going to get married, lol. Heck, the reception might be at the church!
      Post reception travel to our hotel will probably end up being one of our cars (which will mean mine unless he gets a new car... lol), which i'm okay with because then my family/friends can decorate it. (unless we have our reception at a hotel, which would mean our car would be our getaway car to our honeymoon, if we can afford to take it right after our wedding).

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I have never actually thought of it. It would be lovely if we could do something like a horse and carriage, but I also plan on a smaller beach wedding, so not sure a horse and carriage would actually fit. We'd have to get creative!
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

I've never thought about it either, but I'd also love to have a beach wedding...so maybe a boat? Ooh, bicycles would be fun too - I mean, if we're going to be outside in the wind and the sun anyway.

When my good friend got married a couple years ago, she and her husband traveled from the ceremony to the reception in a military hummer that I think belonged to one of the groom's friends. It was pretty sweet: https://xcitephoto.smugmug.com/Weddi...174010&k=uynBt

Comment

If money was being considered I think it would be cool to use my Dads 1979 corvette but I'd have to drive it and I don't think he'd ever let me. If it was a nice day a convertible would be cool, a horse and buggy would be sweet I saw one while I was in Edinburgh going to the castle for a wedding but I think it would depend where my wedding was. It wouldn't be that romantic in the middle of a busy north american city.
            Realistically, hmm either whoever I know with the nicest car or a limo maybe?

Comment

I don't plan on getting married in a church. It'll probably be courthouse than a year later a big party and perhaps a small ceremony. But hopefully it can all be done in the same place

Comment

I'd totally love the horse-drawn carriage thing. I would have a princess wedding if I could.
                Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I think I'd like to be in a vintage car. I think that'd be real cool...
                  sigpic
                  Not to get clever
                  but with you I see forever
                  But whatever it is,
                  Here's to you,
                  I Love You Kid...

Comment

Working...
                  X