A Rough Night, A One Year Anniversary & An Engagement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rough Night, A One Year Anniversary & An Engagement

Tonight was our one year anniversary. It was practically ruined and looked doom from the start with my step-dad's little fit he threw and then my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend throwing one as well. We were set to have a dinner over ooVoo but that ended up being different, because of some things that went down tonight. We still got on ooVoo. However, before that, he called me from his brother's phone and wanted to have a serious talk with me about some of the events of the night. He ended up proposing and saying let's get married when you come back. At first, I didn't say yes or no. Then, later on Facebook, I asked him if the offer still was in place. He said his proposal still stood. I said yes, let's get married. I asked if he wanted to tell people and at first, he was hesitant, because of the simple fact that his side can get kind of "ruthless" as he put it. They had a lot of commentary on our relationship when we started, but I told him now that we've seen each other in person and had our visits and all this other stuff. So, we get on ooVoo tonight and I was like, "You didn't say anything about our anniversary" and he did a screen-share and said "I wanted to surprise you, but.." and it was this long status that my friends and family and I couldn't see. Only his friends and family could see it. It was a long post about our anniversary and us being together for a year and wanting to marry me. Then, I said "So we're telling people?". He smiled and said yes.

It's been a rough day. Earlier, he was afraid of losing me, but here we are, officially engaged, a year later, instead of just talking about it...we don't have a date and there's no ring, but I don't care. I told him I didn't care. A ring is a material thing to me. One of my friends posted about how her boyfriend of two years proposed to her and gave her all this stuff and he got upset that he couldn't do it, but I said just do what's in your heart. It's not about the material to me, but we're officially engaged and I do think this day is a true testament to our relationship. We woke up with shit flying on both sides and we came out stronger than them.
    candi ❤ austin
    ღ5.11.2011ღ
    ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
    ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
    ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
    ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
    [/CENTER]

Congrats

Comment

Its great to see things worked out in the end

Comment

Congratulations! =D

Comment

congratulations .

keep us updated on what happens with the wedding
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

That's brilliant news! I'm glad it all worked out for the very best

Comment

Sounds like your rough day had a pretty good ending to me! Congratulations! Do keep everyone on LFAD updated about the wedding?
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I will! He was nervous to announce it to everyone. His family and friends to my knowledge have been pretty accepting and understanding on our public status change. I think if anyone had anything to say they probably did it on the private thing he made. Honestly, his Aunt may have been one of his main concerns, but she's actually really happy for us and is telling us about her wedding to his Uncle at the park and how they got their rings at a place The Silver Hideout and how it doesn't have to be expensive, which I agreed with. My side has not said much, except my childhood friend.

We've agreed for a long time I will be having a blue dress because I feel white is too typical. I want it to be a wedding no one will forget. I want bubbles and water guns there. We've also discussed the possibility of a PlayStation-themed cake.

We don't want to set a date just YET (yet here I am all "but wait...what about?" It's hard not to when I am excited), which is one of his other main concerns about announcing it to people. However, we agreed to have an eleven in the date. It's our lucky number. We got together on May 11th, 2011 and if you add 5.11.2011 together it adds up to 11. When we stayed at a hotel, our room number was 111 and on my bus ride home, someone announced their daughters birthday was May 11th. On one hand, I'd like stick to May 11th, but on the other, I want a date that strays away from other holidays. Like, this weekend is Mother's Day so I don't want that to interfere with it. I was thinking I would talk to him about 7-11 next year because that's got luck written all over it and is two days before my birthday. I think we're leaning towards an outdoor wedding. When I went up there, we went to this place called the Shrine of Our Lady Guadalupe. It's very gorgeous and we even talked about getting married there, but there's a few things I would be concerned about: In the main place where we'd probably get married, there's little signs talking about miscarriages and abortions and such. My sister has lost two babies so I didn't want that reminder there for her. Second, no one can really get cell phone reception up there so in an emergency, that's a bad thing.

I stayed up so late last night so happy I couldn't sleep and going through etsy for all the wedding stuff lol. His face was so cute over ooVoo as he confirmed our relationship status change. He was all like "AHHHHHHH" lol.
                Last edited by CandiCandi; May 12, 2012, 02:19 PM.
                candi ❤ austin
                ღ5.11.2011ღ
                ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                [/CENTER]

Comment

Congrats!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I'm so happy for you!! Congrats!!
                    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Yay!! Congratulations!!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...