No announcement yet.

Proposals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We plan to elope without telling anyone about it first. (well except for all LFAD readers!) So I told him he still has to propose to me, but he can do it after were married. I also asked him to do it in Spanish.

Oh and a strict "no food" rule!
    Last edited by lucybelle; July 11, 2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

In the beginning (because I can't explain to you why I know Dylan's the one for me after such a short time chatting and officially dating) I had mentioned my only rule about being proposed to was do it in a place that would be around forever so our kids could go there later and enjoy. So, like a National Park or a historic site. Not something like a restaurant which might be demolished or something ("They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" anyone?) But then, a few weeks back, he tells me my sister has sent him a text message and I was slightly puzzled as she was nervous about us from the start. I asked if he would tell me what she wanted and he said, "She just gave me a brilliant idea for proposing to you and I won't tell you because I might very well use it." He said it's perfect for me and I wrote back, Who better to choose how to propose to me than my two best friends? So, we'll see you guys... this time next year, maybe I'll have a story for here...

Congrats to everyone who has a story and good luck to those of us still waiting
      My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
      It's just me and you
      Put the pedal to the metal
      Baby, turn the radio on
      We can run to the far side of nowhere
      We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Hmm.. I think I'd like it to happen somewhere away from home.. England/Scotland, most preferably. Or just on a pretty lake that we went to or something.. somewhere nice, beautiful and quiet Anywhere would be fine though. I haven't even given it that much thought, really. I wouldn't want it to happen in front of a big crowd, though. Like some have said on here, passers-by would be fine but not in front of family or anything, not that he'd do that anyway haha.

The one thing I wouldn't want is for him to do something that's really cliche, like hide it in a dessert or something

Comment

I almost messed up my proposal. My fiance was here visiting, and he had bought a box of chocolates for me. He'd already been here a week and was still trying to figure out how he was going to propose. Well, he figured it out by the end of the first week. On Saturday, we went to Zumba. While we were getting ready, I went to ask my mom a question. When I walked back to his room, I saw him throw something under the sheets. I asked him what it was. He wouldn't tell me. Then I asked him why he was acting so strange, and he said he wasn't. I let it drop eventually. After Zumba, he kept asking me all day if I wanted a chocolate from the box. I was trying to be good after my work out and kept saying no. He literally asked me like every hour. We went to lunch and did some shopping with some friends of mine. It was a good day. He eventually gave up asking me about the chocolates.

The next morning, we were getting ready for the day. He asked me again if I wanted a chocolate. I was getting annoyed with all these questions about wanting chocolate so I said sure. He came in with the box of chocolates. I asked him which chocolate should I have. He said that he knows that I like white chocolate. I then asked him which white chocolate one should he have. He said, just pick one. I picked up the hazelnut praline one, and I took a bite of it. I looked down, and there it was. My engagement ring! I looked at him and asked him twice, "What is that?" I picked it up and looked at him again. He said, "Honey, will you marry me?" I said yes! I then said, "Do I have to put it on myself?" He then slipped it on my finger.
          There was no going down on one knee, but it was a nice proposal. Not my dream proposal but like so much else, it was good enough. Besides, I'm marrying my dream man. That's the most important thing.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=97a_1338325600

My SO sent this to me saying 'I can't beat that'. Well, he knows my stance on marriage (seeing as I've been around that block) but I still think it's pretty cool and shareworthy

Comment

I want Blake to propose to me in the park where we first met and what he wants to do is propose on like, one of our x-year anniversary, which I like the idea of. But I don't want it to be in front of a bunch of people, but I do want him to plan it as, like, a surprise and have Skye and Kenny and a couple of his friends and then my family there to celebrate and take pictures. I want pictures of all of it for the sake of memorabilia.

Comment

He called me in school on April 16th and told me that he didn't want to live another day without me and it would make him the happiest man in the world if I would marry him; of course after 5 years and 7 months together; I said yes. I am going out there in September for our 6 year anniversary and he is going to do it officially with the one knee and a ring(:

Comment

Working...
                X