We're Getting Married!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're Getting Married!

It's funny how you can plan things out in your head, and when the time comes for whatever it is to actually happen, it's not at all what you imagined. I apologize for not coming on the forum very often recently, summer school + work + a new engagement has made things rather hectic.

But, this is something I would like to share with all of you, as the members of this amazing community have witnessed our LD struggles, deciding to close the distance and now, engagement. (:

As some of you already know from fb, he proposed to me last Saturday night. He brought me to a park where he spent a lot of time as a kid and told me stories of his childhood, some new, some I had heard before. We talked a little about the past year we've spent CD and how much we've grown and about our dreams and plans for the future. At the end of the conversation I saw he had the ring out and he simply said "will you marry me?". It was simple, beautiful and perfect. <3

Since then (actually, since before this, because he had spoken to our parents and we had been having discussions with them about it), we've been thrown head first into the wedding planning process by our families. We will be having the first wedding in Singapore this December, and the second wedding (along with all the legal nonsense) in Oregon in March. It doesn't give us as much time as we thought we'd have, but we'll do our best. (: We're both very excited about the big change in our relationship we're making and can't wait for December!

Here's a picture of my wedding/engagement ring:

Eeeee! Congratulations! The ring is beautiful.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

I love this, you're doing two weddings! My SO and I have toyed around with the idea as well, since our families live so far apart. Congratulations!!!
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Congratulations!!! I wish you all the best!

Comment

Congrats!! I cant believe i never saw this on facebook!!
            Awwwwwwh happy for you two

Comment

Congratulations!! That is a really sweet proposal...I like the simple ones And what a beautiful, unique ring.

Comment

Awwwh that's so great! It sounds incredibly sweet, I'm so happy for you two! Congratulations

Comment

Thanks everybody!

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
                  I love this, you're doing two weddings! My SO and I have toyed around with the idea as well, since our families live so far apart. Congratulations!!!
                  It was the best plan for us since a round trip ticket costs about $2000, we can't expect any of our family and friends to spend all that money to come and witness our wedding. ):

Comment

This is wonderful! Congratulations
                    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

aweeeeeeeeeeee congratssss

Comment

'Grats! Hope things work out for you two!

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Ahh yay congratulations!!!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

So happy for you! The ring is gorgeous. Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X