Headgear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headgear!

What do you plan on wearing on your head? Veil? Hat? Clips?

I bought a headband with feathers on it. I was thinking about getting one with a little birdcage veil, but it was 30 euro! Forget that! Mine was 8 Although now looking through ebay I see a lot of really sweet hats. I sort of want one, but think it would be silly to buy another one. I might have to think about it though...

I like these two:

This is the one I bought:

It's gorgeous! It'll go perfectly with your dress. Although, a hat might be cute too! I also like The one in the second picture. I've been thinking about this too, not sure what I'm going to do with my hair. I go between wanting just a few pins, to a whole headband, to maybe a pretty comb, some clips...too many options!

Comment

Right now I'm pretty set on a sparkly headband/tiara. There's one at David's Bridal that was made to perfectly match my dress, but it's super expensive! I've been looking for less expensive alternatives.
      I love your headband! Have you considered getting some netting material and attaching it yourself to make the birdcage veil? I don't know if it'll be any cheaper. I'm sure if you Google it, you'll find some step by step directions.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I'll reply in the morning but my first thought of the thread name was like the metal head gear you have you wear if you have braces....I don't think that would be a nice look down the aisle!

Comment

I'm not sure what I would do with mine (I'm not getting married yet!), but I wanted to stop in and say I love the head piece you have, lucybelle!
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

That's so pretty And a bargain!

Try on a veil or two though, just for shits and giggles, because I was dead-set against them until I saw myself in one and then I was like all brideish and girllike and stuff. Haha.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I love the one you have (and the shirt with the hearts!)
              Personally I think that a veil is over the top for a courthouse wedding so I'd go with the one you have.

I think I would maybe like a hat. I like hats (I don't leave the house with a bare head from about October to April.) and seeing as we're going for January and hoping for a snowy scenery and getting ear pain or a headache is not what I want on my wedding, it would be practical as well.
              Maybe something like this
              https://www.we-dwoje.pl/p/s/4/4/4/88...lka_slubna.jpg (but I'd prefer a ribbon or bow instead of the feathers)
              https://www.edel-filzdesign.de/ateli...uthutchen.html
              https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-jXNCM79g..._bookstore.jpg
              https://static0.blip.pl/user_generat...es/1508771.jpg (try to ignore the stupid santa dress, the hat is cute!)
              Last edited by Dziubka; August 11, 2012, 04:19 AM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                Try on a veil or two though, just for shits and giggles, because I was dead-set against them until I saw myself in one and then I was like all brideish and girllike and stuff. Haha.
                That was the exact experience I had with veils. I thought that they were a bit silly and then I put one on and shed a few tears (so did my mom)

Comment

I have a two-layer elbow length veil, with one little line of sparklies at the bottom- simple and pretty As for other stuff, I originally wanted one of those ribbon hairbands, but I changed what hair style I wanted, so I bought a set of 3 vintage-looking hair slides off etsy, to slide into my fnger-waves Similar to these, but not the same: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1040269..._type=handmade

The lady in the shop was trying to insist that I wouldn't find any other hair-piece which wasn't a tiara (But I am not a princess, I am a bride, no tiaras for me please) and I was like "bugger that lady, you're saying that because that's all you stock!" and then spent weeks trying to find a comb, clip, ANYTHING that would match lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                    I love the one you have (and the shirt with the hearts!)
                    Personally I think that a veil is over the top for a courthouse wedding so I'd go with the one you have.

I think I would maybe like a hat. I like hats (I don't leave the house with a bare head from about October to April.) and seeing as we're going for January and hoping for a snowy scenery and getting ear pain or a headache is not what I want on my wedding, it would be practical as well.
                    Maybe something like this
                    https://www.we-dwoje.pl/p/s/4/4/4/88...lka_slubna.jpg (but I'd prefer a ribbon or bow instead of the feathers)
                    https://www.edel-filzdesign.de/ateli...uthutchen.html
                    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-jXNCM79g..._bookstore.jpg
                    https://static0.blip.pl/user_generat...es/1508771.jpg (try to ignore the stupid santa dress, the hat is cute!)
                    Yeah I wasn't planning on a veil. Just wondering what others are planning on wearing! I LOVE those hats!!

And meg- I might go try to find some lace or netting to attach. I'm sure a little glue could hold it on for long enough

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                      I'll reply in the morning but my first thought of the thread name was like the metal head gear you have you wear if you have braces....I don't think that would be a nice look down the aisle!
                      Haha I thought of the same thing! Anyways I like the head piece! It is cute! I think for my wedding would like to wear a sparkly tiara with a veil attached. I have always been a Disney princess nerd and that's my day to be a princess. :P

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

I found a website while I was looking for a dress for my daughter for prom that might help some of you ladies out costwise. It's called www.tbdress.com and they have very good prices on accessories. Not sure I could order a wedding dress through there, I'd want to try it on before purchasing but... they have fantastic prices on veils, tiaras, hairpins and other things like that. I know at David's Bridal those tiaras are stupid expensive O.o

Hope it helps!
                        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

I would love to mix a traditional wedding with a wedding that truly captures me and my SO, and the veil is one of those traditional things that I would love to wear! I will have to wait and see if it works with the dress I pick out in the very distant future

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X