Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name changes...why is this such a hard decision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly do believe that next year when we get married I'm taking his last name. I have no real sentimental ties to my last name and don't get along with a large majority of my family. Plus there's only like 1 possible joke you can make with his last name. With mine you can make like 10 and it's really obnoxious. Plus I think his last name flows with my first & middle just as well as my family name and I like the way it sounds. No hyphens though.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I am going to take his last name
      He is american, but his last name is french, I am polish and have the most polish last name (a friend of mine thought I made it up lol) so hyphenating would look weird, but I always knew at the end I'd change my name to my husband's so it's no big deal.
      The only thing that bothers me is that it starts with an M and I HATE writing M's.. lol

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Isnt there a way that you combine both names, if they sound nice together? Here you can just add your groom's name after your last one with a dash ^^ Since i want to take his name, but i like mine as well, and he likes mine as well, we plan on, when we marry, to combine our names and each to change their last name to the new one ^_^

Comment

I know I will change my last name and take his when we get married. I have 3 other sisters that share my last name, and no brothers, so my dad wants at least one of us to keep our last name so that it doesn't "die out". However, I have always wanted to change my last name when I get married, and I love the way it sounds when someone says "Mr. and Mrs. [his last name]".

sigpic

Comment

It took me a while before i decided to change mine. I have 2 children who have there fathers surname, which i took when we married. So, we all have the same name and i wasn't sure if i wanted to have a different last name to my children by taking my SO's name. He said he's fine with whatever i decide, which didnt help lol.
            It was something my mom said that clinched it for me. They will always be my children, no matter what name i have. So come May 7th, i need to come up with a new signature.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I changed my name when we got married but still haven't changed everything to my current name. It's so much work and money! I can't change my passport yet because i had already booked a ticket in my maiden name. Im so tempted to jsut leave it all in my maiden name >.<

Comment

I'd take my SO's last name, even if it freaking rhymes with my entire name! Gaaaaaah! I would be ___en ____en _____en. It sounds weird but he loves calling me by my name with his last name because he thought it really sounded cute.

Comment

I would want to take his name, I like his surname and mine is just the name of a boy, so much so that I get called it by accident a lot. Plus I have to spell it for EVERYONE! I know that his surname is also a boy's name, but not to hard to misspell so I will probably take his name.

Though, in one area of my life I will keep my own name. I worked hard to get recognition through that name and changing it would mean confusion and/or starting all over again.
                  Joey & Scott
                  Met: April 2002
                  Lost Contact: August 2002
                  Reconnected: April 2010
                  Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will absolutely keep my last name if I ever get married again. With my first marriage I changed my name and after the divorce I swore I would never do it again. I like my maiden name. It's part of who I am, and my SO doesn't seem to mind either way.

Comment

Working...
                    X