Proposal Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
    I just told Frank I wanted yellow gold, low profile (didn't want it too high off my finger), and showed him examples of ring styles I liked and didn't like so he'd have some general idea - I did not want to choose it for him. He ended up doing a great job! And yes it was a lot more fun to show off telling everyone he chose it on his own. He later told me how he researched everything about diamonds and engagement rings. He was so scared about choosing something I would not like. He is still self-conscious about it and I have no idea why! I look it at it and admire it all the time and tell him I love it.

Guys stress out about choosing the right ring. So giving a little guidance eases the pressure a bit. If this is how Frank acts when he chooses a good ring, I wonder how he would have handled it if I didn't like it!
    Thanks for your advice and input Michelle! Always great to hear from you about your relationship with Frank!

Comment

whenever I'm with my SO I take him to jewelry stores and make him tell me what ring he would pick as an engagement ring, and then I correct him if he picked the wrong one hhahah I think that by now he knows by heart what kind of ring I like and he won't mess up when he proposes!

Comment

I'm not quite sure how I ended up in here.. oh well.

I don't really have a say in my ring because my mom's already told me that when she feels I'm in a committed enough relationship she's giving whoever my SO at the time is our "family ring" to propose to me with, which is the same ring every female in our family has worn for like 5 generations lol.. I've seen it already, it's really simple which is what I like, but it sort of takes the excitement out of your SO picking out a ring for you ._.

Comment

I personally wouldn't want to be picking out the ring for myself, but I feel I've given my SO enough clues of what I like and what I don't like so he can get me something that'll be right for me I'd hate to tell him that I didn't like the ring, I wouldn't even know how, but then again, you're going to be wearing it for the rest of your life, so I think it's pretty important that you do like it. I'd think it'd be important for your SO as well to know you're happy with what he's chosen!

So basically my advice would be to show him some rings online that you like, and tell him if you prefer gold or white gold or whatever it is you prefer, and I'm pretty sure he'll get it right Unless you're really really picky Then it'd probably be best if you went and picked one out together.. at least he'd get to decide when and where to propose and that would be a surprise for you!

Comment

Working...
          X