No announcement yet.

How Long Before You Tied The Knot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were engaged at 6.5 months (we were close distance during that time) and were married a year later (at 1.5 years). We were in our later twenties when we married (my SO was two weeks short of 30).
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

We got engaged on the day we'd been together for exactly 6 months, and got married after we'd been together 1 year, 5 months, and some change. Just had our 2-year anniversary on November 19th and still stupidly happy together.

Comment

We got engaged after 10 months. Our plan is to get married in June 2014.

Comment

My SO and I have been together a little over 4 years and he wants to propose this year, sometime after I graduate. I don't see us getting married until about a year later, so we'll probably be together about 6 years before tying the knot.
          Last edited by dukes2011; January 2, 2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

He asked me to marry him six months in, so we as a couple just kind of waited around until timing was right. It became right recently so we just got officially engaged and have been together for a little over two years. We'll be getting married in about a year and a half.

Timing caused by my schooling is what has had the biggest impact. We were going to put off the wedding until 2016ish because I had to go to grad school, now that my top grad school has family housing and my backups are all back home we'll be getting married in 2014 after 3.5 years.
            ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
            The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
              We dated for 1 year and 2 weeks before getting married.
              It was not the ideal and at first we actually talked about dating for about 3-5 years before tying the knot, but due to some circumstances, like pressure from his work company (who also gave us some empty financial promises) and some things concerning my student visa, we decided to take the step. Though to be honest, it was not because we felt that "one year" was the optimal dating time, but we made a decision based on certain aspects.

I think i would be in the same position as this, though by the time we plan on getting married we would have been together for 2 years and spent over a year of that time together in person, so I don't think it would be so bad, if we get that far which I hope to god we do, then I can see myself being more than happy to marrying her, plus it would make everything easier for her to come and live here and work here (this is the aspect I was referring to at the start)

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
              2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
              3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
              4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
              5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
              6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
              7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
              Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
              UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
                Marry and close the distance, we both only want to get married one time in our life so we will make sure we are both 100% happy and ready for it
                This is us, we're planning to marry 18 months into the relationship, and closing the distnace at the same time. It's a little risky planning the wedding when we have to do visas but all going well it'll be in May 2014

Comment

We dated for 6 days in January 2011 and we confessed our love a month after. He came home a day before my birthday in November when I accepted his proposal. We were finally wed the following year on March 2012. Time flies so fast! A month more to go for our first year anniversary!
                  Last edited by billyjean; February 22, 2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

We got married about 2 years and 10 months into our relationship. But we got engaged really early on, like 6 months, mostly for cultural reasons.

Comment

It was about two years after first getting in touch with each other. So on my third visit we got married! Very short notice and informal but that was fine with me. It also meant we could apply for the necessary visa's as I was his spouse. It certainly hasnt been easy being newly weds & being so far apart.....

Started Writing - February 2010
                      First Visit - September 2010
                      Second Visit - June 2011
                      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                      NOA1 - July 2012
                      NOA2 - December 2012
                      Fourth Visit - December 2012
                      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

This isn't me but a friend of mine got together with her man on January 6, 2012, engaged May 6, 2012 and married by October 6, 2012! Kinda nuts if you ask me but to each their own I guess... For us, it'll be at least five years or maybe a few more after we started dating that we'll get married as we have no date yet!

Comment

I'e known my SO a little over 4 years we got together 8th March 2013 were not yet engaged but we know we want to be married by 2015!

Comment

We got engaged on March 22nd, 2013 which was five days after our 3 year anniversary.

We don't have a date yet but we are tentatively planning the wedding for either May 17th or May 24th of 2014, about 2 months after our 4 year anniversary.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                            X