No announcement yet.

Wedding ring wearage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take off my ring when I shower, if I remember to. I don't mind it getting wet or anything, don't take it off for washing the dishes or my hands or anything, but it's gotten a bit loose now (and it's only been four months :/) and I worry it would fall down the drain or something. I sometimes wear my engagement rings as a way of blocking my wedding ring from falling off, because it fits tighter around my finger, but in general I don't really like the feel of it. Or rather, not as much as my wedding ring.

I love my wedding ring so much. Completely in love with it.

My SO wears his ring all the time, as far as I know. I know that he would take his engagement ring off when he exercises of goes running, but we haven't really been together on "regular" days since we got married so I'm not sure he still does that with his wedding ring. Probably he does.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I feel like Ross on Friends answering this (I'm the girl who gets married a lot, UGH), but in my first marriage, I wore my wedding ring 24/7. I didn't get an engagement ring until a few years into the marriage. Then I kept in on 24/7 too. When the marriage turned abusive, I didn't care so much. When my ex husband lost his ring at a strip club, yeah that was it for wearing mine, divorce soon followed.
      In my current separated state, I am not wearing my rings. I did wear them both 24/7 until I got pregnant, then my engagement ring had to come off from the swelling, but it went back on after the baby came... until our marriage fell apart.
      To make myself sound even worse, my SO and I have discussed it and our wedding rings will not come off. But thats a few years down the line! And the 3rd time had better be a charm, because I am DONE.
      Gonna go hide under a rock now.

Comment

Wow so many take theirs off in the shower and when doing dishes o.0
        I pretty much never take my wedding ring off. I shower with it, sleep with it, do dishes with it...
        I think I only take it off when I work with sticky stuff like dough.

My husband can't wear his ring at work due safety reasons - so he doesn't really wear it for the 5 weeks he's on the ship. Though he wears it all the time when he's off the ship. Like me he showers with it, ... sleeps ... dishes etc.

I really don't fear my ring falling off in the shower and such because it's the perfect size. It's not tight at all, but you need to pull on it to get past the middle part of the finger (the joint I guess you call it) since that's the biggest/widest part of my finger - not the part where my ring is located.

My ring hasn't really shown any wear at all during these 2 years, but guess it's still soon. Though it is supposed to last for some time since it's platinum.

Comment

I take mine off for cooking/shower and putting on hand lotion but other than that i've got them on all the time.
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I don't wear my wedding ring very often. I used to wear it to work but as a nurse i wash my hands so often and having to slip it off to dry under my ring was a bit meh. I didn't notice at first but the skin under my ring started getting a bit macerated. I now only wear it when i go out. My husband doesn't wear his 9 times outta 10. He told me before we got married that he won't wear his ring because he doesn't like it and that he also works at the hospital. He'll wear it when we are going to any friend or family functions but thats only cause he knows that it makes me smile.

Comment

Don't have a wedding ring yet but we have engagement rings. (yes I got him one) I wear mine all the time, shower sleep. I only take it off when im cooking with meat or flour, and to wash it, then it goes right back on. My SO takes it off when he teaches zumba because his hands can gets sweaty and he doesnt want it to slide off. When it was new he would forget to put it on till the next day, but he's gotten used to it and its always on, and im not sure if he takes it off at zumba all the time now, lol so when we get wedding rings think it will be the same.I love it thought that he wears his
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

I don't have a wedding ring or engagement ring yet, but I will most likely wear it all the time unless doing something that can mess up the ring or that gets my hands filthy. I have a ring that I used to wear all the time but now I wear it on a chain with the ring my SO gave me last year. As for him, I'm not sure. I've given him two rings so far (for various reasons) and he seems to wear them most of the time until an issue comes up with them.. then they get replaced again lol.
                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I don't have an engagement/wedding ring yet but I can't imagine taking mine off for anything, I'd be that afraid to lose it!

Comment

At home neither one of us usually wears any jewelry because it's more comfortable, but both of us wear them when we're going out anywhere. One of us will occasionally forget, but it doesn't bother either one of us. I usually wear my engagement ring with my band, but some days I'll just grab the wedding band and leave my engagement ring at home, depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going. He's generally not a big jewelry wearer, but it's nice to know that most days, he makes a point of wearing it to work and such. I always feel a little bad on the rare occasions I forget to put mine on (like if I oversleep a lot in the morning and have to rush out the door to make it to work on time).

Comment

I only take my ring off sometimes when I shower, We aren't married yet so he doesn't have one but hes a gardener so he wouldn't be able to wear it bcus it would get damaged.

Comment

I dont have a ring, but I can put my 2 cents in, seeing as how I used to be married.

I will most likely not wear mine at work, I wore my wedding and engagement rings when I first started my job, and they got smashed so bad they had to be cut off so I didn't lose my finger! I cant imagine having that happen again, but what I plan to do, if the time ever comes again, is wear them on a chain around my neck that I can tuck into my shirt to keep them safe, so I will always have them on me, but out of harm's way. As for showers and doing dishes, that's the best way to get them clean! I wouldn't take them off for those reasons unless the metal is easily damaged or the rings don't fit right, and if they don't fit right, go get them sized correctly! Its just as easy to lose a ring by flinging your hand quickly, as it is to lose it down the drain, if it doesn't fit right!

Comment

I don't have engagement/wedding rings, but we do have promise rings. I only take mine off when I put mouse in my hair after showering. OR when I go to the beach. My worst fear is it getting lost in the ocean. *shudder*

My SO puts this AXE hair wax is what its called o.O in his hair. That's when he takes off his promise ring, as far as I've noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
                            Anyway, I wear mine unless I am going to the hospital for clinicals (I'm a nursing student). I don't like the idea of anything getting into my ring with some of the things I come across at the hospital. Just the thought of it creeps me out! I don't know though, I might feel differently when it is an engagement/wedding ring. I may never want to take it off and will be extra super careful to keep it clean.
                            I'm a med student and where I live, most hospitals don't allow rings for hygienic reasons. I was planning on wearing mine on a simple silver chain around my neck when I become a doctor.
                            first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                            second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Working...
                            X