No announcement yet.

Wiccan Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. I love alternative style weddings.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

So after much searching I've come to the conclusion that I don't actually have the final copy of our ceremony plan, save for the commemorative one the celebrant gave us to keep, and it's long so I don't want to type it out. So I emailed her to ask if she has a copy in her files (she keeps them for reference material for other couples). What I do have is all the information she gave to me to help me write the ritual. Examples of things to say during ring exchanges, vows, readings, involving other family members etc. So if any of that would benefit you, sing out and I'll do a masterful copy/paste job. Meanwhile gimme a few days for my celebrant to get back to me.

Scratch that! I found a copy in the bowels of my email. Unfortunately it's only the spoken words, so this post is going to take forever to type regardless.

Here we go!

~~*~*~~

To cast a circle we incorporated it into the aisle walk. We held the wedding in a round pavilion and that made it easy. My older sister had always dreamed of being a flower girl, so I made her my flower girl. Except instead of sprinkling petals down the aisle, she walked the short aisle, up the stairs, and then made a circle for us to stand in. She was to give me away, so after she drew the circle, she came back down to get me. On the way back she passed the best man, and they Hi-fived It wasn't in the script lol

We had an uneven number of bridesmaids/groomsmen because one of my 'maids' was giving me away, and then two of them bailed on me. So the best man went up alone, and he carried a small red bowl of salt for earth. He put it down in the proper place and read a short invocation I'd scribbled on a piece of paper for him. It was something along the lines of "Spirits of Earth come forth and bless this couple with prosperity, abundance and fertility". He prides himself on doing his part right - we fell pregnant within two weeks of being married!

After that my bridesman and Obi's groomswoman walked down, looped the circle, found East, and put their paper windmills on the ground. She read the words, he carried the windmills. I think the qualities they requested were communication, inspiration and enthusiasm. Or something. I don't know.
      After they called their quarter they went and stood either beside Obi, or beside where I'd be standing later. It was complicated for people who had never done a ritual before, but no body went the wrong way, got lost or anything. The rehearsal meant everyone knew their part.

Another groom's man walks up alone carrying a candle, he does his thing. It was funny because he's such a quiet dude, but he plays D&D. So in his best D&D wizard voice he summons the quarter and everyone that knows him is all O.o Fire would have been Passion, success and shit like that.

another couple came next, and did their thing in the west. (Love, wisdom, intuition, spiritual bonding stuff) and them fell into their places in the traditional lines of wedding partyness you see in all weddings.

My sister walked me up to give me away. She hugged me, then Obi, took my book (I had a book not a bouquet) and put my hand in his. Then jumped into line behind me.

Then the celebrant introduced herself and said "We gather here today for everyone to witness Obi finally buy the cow" and she gave a brief run-down of pagan marriage to help people not freak out and then said a short prayer welcoming the Gods.

We involved our families by getting the head of each family to consent to the union. I don't remember the words, something about are we a good match and does she approve, Bec said "I do!" Same question for Obi's dad. He was supposed to say "Yes, this is a worthy cow" but he lost his nerve and just said yes.

Celebrant spoke about what marriage means and read out things we'd said in confidence to her about the other. At the time she'd asked,I thought she was just making sure we were compatible, or that she'd reword what we said. She didn't. She read it exactly as we'd typed it, including the part where I was telling her about Obi's sexy voice and that I need strong guy like him to keep me in line. It was humiliating, but also very touching. The guests loved it. The things Obi had said about me were beautiful, poetic and well-thought out. I never realised he thought so highly of me.
      Then my bridesman gave a reading, the last part of the charge of the God:

I am the onrushing power of life and the bearer of light, but without love I can create nothing that endures.
      Therefore I need the Goddess, My Lady, as she needs me, Horned one, dancer. And in the sacred marriage, the dance of being and becoming, we two are one, heart and mind and soul.
      So hear me now as I give you my charge!
      Honour all women, for they are her garments,
      Tread lightly on the earth for it is Her body
      Speak gently, secure in your strength and power,
      And celebrate life, love and laughter,
      in whatever way gives you joy and pleasure,
      An it harm none of my Lady's creation,
      Do what thou willist shall be the whole of the law,
      For love is Her law,
      And love her mystery.

The Asking:

Before these witnesses do you
      Obi Fire
      take Zephii Inl'e
      to be your lawfully wedded wife,
      to have and to hold,
      to love and to cherish,
      for better or for worse
      as long as you both shall live?

"I do."

Same thing, names reversed.

She then blessed our rings in a sing bowl with the best man's help, and then we exchanged them.

Obi places ring on Zephii's hand.
      With this ring, I thee wed.

Zephii places the ring on Obi's hand
      With this ring, I thee wed.

Celebrant talks about the history of handfasting and why we'd chosen to do one, then bound our hands together. She said a blessing over our hands (I don't have it on me, nor memorised) and then we exchanged vows.

I call on these persons here present to witness that I, Zephii,
      in the name of the spirit of the Goddess that resides within us all,
      by the life that courses within my blood
      and the love that resides within my heart,
      take thee Obi to my hand, my heart, and my spirit,
      to be my lawfully wedded Husband.
      To desire thee and be desired by thee,
      to possess thee, and be possessed by thee,
      in complete honesty without sin or shame,
      for naught can exist
      in the purity of my love for thee.
      I promise to love thee wholly and completely without restraint,
      in sickness and in health,
      in plenty and in poverty,
      For better or worse,
      in this life and beyond,
      where we shall meet, remember, and love again.

Our vows were the same, names reversed.

Celebrant goes "As the knot is tied so are you lives now bound.
      May the Gods bless Zephii & Obi and this cord spiritually link them, binding their souls in this life and beyond that they may met,
      remember and love again."

We signed our documents and the had Cakes and Ale

I said
      Now as your wife I nurture and comfort you
      as all that is mine is now yours.

and fed him some bikkie

he replied
      Drink from my cup as now we share
      the same cup of life.

and held the wine for me to sip.

Then we were declared married and had our kiss. Woo.
      Last edited by Zephii; April 22, 2013, 07:09 PM.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        So after much searching I've come to the conclusion that I don't actually have the final copy of our ceremony plan, save for the commemorative one the celebrant gave us to keep, and it's long so I don't want to type it out. So I emailed her to ask if she has a copy in her files (she keeps them for reference material for other couples). What I do have is all the information she gave to me to help me write the ritual. Examples of things to say during ring exchanges, vows, readings, involving other family members etc. So if any of that would benefit you, sing out and I'll do a masterful copy/paste job. Meanwhile gimme a few days for my celebrant to get back to me.
        Any or all of that would be wonderful! Thank you so very much for going through the trouble for me.

Comment

Haven't forgotten, just been too lazy to wait the 100 years it takes for my laptop to start. I'll make sure I get it done before I go to Canadia, promise.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
            Haven't forgotten, just been too lazy to wait the 100 years it takes for my laptop to start. I'll make sure I get it done before I go to Canadia, promise.
            You're fine hon. I've got all the time in the world lol. Just get to me when you can.

Comment

Working...