• Show
Clear All

Aisle Runner

Opinions on aisle runners, go.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

I had one at my wedding -- if I'm remembering correctly, I bought the one from Michael's.

I didn't do anything special to mine, but I just googled it and it looks like a lot of people like to stencil and paint on their initials and wedding date. Looks nice!
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

Umm is it like a carpet? I guess I don't see the point. You're going to be buying a shit ton of stuff to only use that one day, why buy a really long carpet as well?

Comment

I don't really like them. I think it's one of those things that you don't need, you'll use it for all of the 2 minutes it takes you to walk up the aisle, and that's it.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

It depends. Is your wedding outdoors?

Comment

Comment

Nice! Well, in that case, I think an aisle runner is unnecessary. Like LB said, you already have so many one-time wedding costs and trust me, no one will remember if you had an aisle runner or not!

Comment

I REALLY like the look of a nice aisle runner.. BUT I agree with everyone else, it's just kind of pointless and an added expense/something else you have to think about.

I'm not having one but there is a tiny part of me that would like one, when I think about a picture perfect wedding I see an aisle runner.. There are other things you can do to line the aisle as well/instead of an aisle runner.. and considering you're going to have a mighty nice long aisle I would probably add a few things to line the aisle with to give it that 'wedding' feel. I on the other hand will have a very short aisle with under 30 guests lol
                Met Online: February 2009
                Feelings grew: January 2011
                First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I wanted to have candles all the way down the aisle - but the church said no. Something about a fire hazard.... (I looked into LED pillar candles. WAY too $$$ and I've even looked into places to rent them from - too bad I don't live in LA or Canada...)

We're not doing flowers. I don't want mason jars on shepherd's hooks. I don't like the typical "pew bows". The only reason I disagree that the aisle runner is "pointless" is because I don't have any other decorations for the chapel. None. The aisle runner length I have been told is 100'.

And while none of my guests will remember if I had one or not, I know it will be something that I notice in the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    The only reason I disagree that the aisle runner is "pointless" is because I don't have any other decorations for the chapel. None. The aisle runner length I have been told is 100'.

And while none of my guests will remember if I had one or not, I know it will be something that I notice in the pictures.

Well yeah, if you're unable to have any other 'wedding' type decorations for the aisle/room then I would get an aisle runner - you can hire those too which might save you some cash and not have to deal with it after the wedding. I agree that aisle runners make the pictures even nicer, and you WILL notice them.. the whole wedding is based on what you want anyway, if you didn't care for ANY wedding decorations then that would be the perfect wedding in your eyes, if you want an aisle runner then get one! it would really frame the shot down the center of the aisle looking down towards you two at the end..

like i said - picture perfect wedding in my head has an aisle runner
                    Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I don't see the point of them. They feel like just one more thing we'd have to buy... I also don't like when flower petals are spread down the aisle. I know for sure my dress would drag all of them down the aisle and then we'd end up with a pile :P

I don't know... maybe I'll feel differently when I'm actually engaged, but yeah it seems like a waste of money.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                        I wanted to have candles all the way down the aisle - but the church said no. Something about a fire hazard.... (I looked into LED pillar candles. WAY too $$$ and I've even looked into places to rent them from - too bad I don't live in LA or Canada...)

We're not doing flowers. I don't want mason jars on shepherd's hooks. I don't like the typical "pew bows". The only reason I disagree that the aisle runner is "pointless" is because I don't have any other decorations for the chapel. None. The aisle runner length I have been told is 100'.

Well if you don't have any other decorations for the chapel it might be something you want to do

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trethsparr View Post
                          I had one at my wedding -- if I'm remembering correctly, I bought the one from Michael's.

I didn't do anything special to mine, but I just googled it and it looks like a lot of people like to stencil and paint on their initials and wedding date. Looks nice!
                          I have seen that... I don't think it's something I would do. It looks nice, but for something that will only be seen for the 20-30 minutes during the ceremony? Not sure I'd put the time or effort into it. But, who knows. Maybe I'll get bored with my projects and decided to add one more.... haha

ETA: I have a 60% off coupon for JoAnns. I know they have aisle runners there, and I think they normally run about $30 for the length I need.

Comment

If you want some sort of decoration, why not just flower petals or sparkles or confetti or something? I guess that's still an expense, but at least you won't feel obligated to hold onto it afterwards.

Comment

Or what about Christmas lights where you wanted the candles to be?

Comment

Working...
                              X