No announcement yet.

Wedding Rings - Engraving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because I was browsing through the wedding section and never updated this:

Mine has: Every journey...
    His has: a journey with you.

We are going to alternate it everytime we "upgrade" the rings. We started with stainless steel, the next ones are going to be silver

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Ours are engraved inside.

Mine: Für immer + the date
      His: Para siempre + the date :-)

Comment

He wants to engrave my engagement ring "Mi Preciosa" since that's what's he's called me from when we started dating the first time. I asked him not to since all I could think of was Gollum and that it would just be too Lord of the Rings even though it had nothing to do with that.

For our wedding bands, I want his engraved with "My Heart" because that's what I call him, and the date. I don't know about mine yet.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We both have #heart # your... (the name of the other) + date.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
            Besides I never call him by his real name anyway. I know what he has written in his passport but it doesn't mean anything to me (if that makes sense).
            I actually use Dwessie in real life, or Kay. None of which are my full legal name, and my SO hates her birth name as well, so I actually understand exactly where you're coming from.
            I know what I'd gt engraved on ours, but I wanted to do it for the engagement ring, though I'm too dang poor to ever do that. Heck, my friend took up metalworking and he's totally up for just making ours.
            Met: Apr 2013
            Mutual interest: July 2013
            Relationship Began: November 6 2013
            First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
            Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
            Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
            Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
            Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

our engravings are classical: his has my name and the date and I have his name and the date

we're kind of boring and uncreative when it comes to stuff like that :P

Comment

If I was to take a wild guess on what me and SO would engrave, I am guessing my name and his name /nickname. Or perhaps we would go for My love and My sweet, which we call each other more than the names, or possably The street cat and the butcher's cat (as the story in the poem goes, the rich and poor are too different and can't have each other, but we swore to give the poem a new ending).
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                  Funny you should mention that, I'm having a small problem with this very subject.

We never got our rings engraved because we bought them too late. When we got them we asked the shop and they said they would be ready by Friday, but Friday was the wedding day, and we were leaving the city where we got the ring the day after, anyway. So we put it off.

Now, we want to engrave them both, preferably before my next visit, but we have no idea. We'd like something romantic and meaningful, of course, but...

I suggested we just go with my name on his and his name on mine, but he said let's just think about it some more. Still nothing. Ugh.
                  Heh. We finally got our rings engraved in time for our second anniversary My ring has the date (November 2nd) in Finnish, and his has the date in French, both in cursive.
                  I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Working...
                  X