Type of wedding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
    Ah I'm so jealous! I actually just left a message on my priest's machine to schedule a meeting about them. Thanks for reminding me!

Perfect reason! Haha I hope he doesn't have to take any classes either. Are you going to do your honeymoon that inbetween week then?
    Yea...it would be tight, and it would suck, but if that's the only way we could do it...his parents told us that they decided to get married, told their priest they wanted to get married in two weeks, and then went on their honeymoon 6 months later. As for me, I reaaalllyyy don't wanna wait months or even weeks before going on my honeymoon, if I can help it...at least for me, it would feel like more of just an ordinary vacation...we wouldn't be like super excited that we JUST got married the night before! And stuff...

So here's hoping he doesn't have to take any classes :/. He's been struggling bad in one class though, and may have to withdraw and retake it in the spring, which is already booked solid with classes, so he'd have to take a summer class. I really hope his professor does some crazy curve or something, cuz out of a class of 95, only a handful are passing with a B or above D:...

Comment

Stephen and I are doing a very small wedding at Disneyland in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
        Yea...it would be tight, and it would suck, but if that's the only way we could do it...his parents told us that they decided to get married, told their priest they wanted to get married in two weeks, and then went on their honeymoon 6 months later. As for me, I reaaalllyyy don't wanna wait months or even weeks before going on my honeymoon, if I can help it...at least for me, it would feel like more of just an ordinary vacation...we wouldn't be like super excited that we JUST got married the night before! And stuff...

So here's hoping he doesn't have to take any classes :/. He's been struggling bad in one class though, and may have to withdraw and retake it in the spring, which is already booked solid with classes, so he'd have to take a summer class. I really hope his professor does some crazy curve or something, cuz out of a class of 95, only a handful are passing with a B or above D:...
        I've heard of delaying the honeymoon and I just don't think it would be as fun :/ Maybe you could do a minimoon and then do the big honeymoon later? Do you guys have a plan for your honeymoon? That's one of my favorite things to hear about regarding weddings

I really hope he doesn't have to take the class again!!! It seems like there should be a curve because that sounds ridiculous! I will be crossing my fingers for you!

Originally posted by bethyylovee View Post
        Stephen and I are doing a very small wedding at Disneyland in California.
        Ah that sounds gorgeous! I follow your disney wedding Instagram account and your pictures make me want to go to Disney again so bad!
        Last edited by floridaellen; November 18, 2013, 07:47 PM.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I've heard of delaying the honeymoon and I just don't think it would be as fun :/ Maybe you could do a minimoon and then do the big honeymoon later? Do you guys have a plan for your honeymoon? That's one of my favorite things to hear about regarding weddings

I really hope he doesn't have to take the class again!!! It seems like there should be a curve because that sounds ridiculous! I will be crossing my fingers for you!
          Lol a minimoon jaja! Love that name. We don't yet, unfortunately, because as crazy as this sounds, we're trying to do things as cheaply as possible, so we haven't found a cheap but still ideal honeymoon location...hard to find a cheap vacation package but I hear Costco travel has some good ones lol.

And yea me too! He's decided to take the risk and continue in the class until the end. He's got a C+ with the curve, so his final may make or break him. Here's hoping it makes him XD

Comment

Lol a minimoon jaja! Love that name. We don't yet, unfortunately, because as crazy as this sounds, we're trying to do things as cheaply as possible, so we haven't found a cheap but still ideal honeymoon location...hard to find a cheap vacation package but I hear Costco travel has some good ones lol.

And yea me too! He's decided to take the risk and continue in the class until the end. He's got a C+ with the curve, so his final may make or break him. Here's hoping it makes him XD
            That doesn't sound crazy. Keeping things affordable is important. We used Costco Travel! I would highly recommend using them. We got a great deal on our cruise.

I'm crossing my fingers!!!

Comment

That doesn't sound crazy. Keeping things affordable is important. We used Costco Travel! I would highly recommend using them. We got a great deal on our cruise.
              Did you really?! What's the package include?

Comment

Did you really?! What's the package include?
                Well we decided to take a really short cruise so the price wasn't that different. We got shipboard credit from them to apply to our alcohol or other extras. So overall it was worth it to book with them! I think cruises are good for budget vacations because they are almost all inclusive. Alcohol and excursions aren't free but food, lodging, and onboard activities are free. But that's just my opinion

My parents have used them a lot and highly recommend their vacation packages.

Comment

I know this thread hasn't been replied to since 2013, but oh well I think what the hay lol. I know our wedding will be small with around 60-80 guests, which to me sounds large, but my SO told me that is small compared to some weddings where people invite 200 guests. I prefer small size as it will be meeting all his relatives, as mine won't be able to come, I look forward to meeting them and we are going to have a buffet and pay for own drinks. We are going to get married by the local Lake as we both love the outdoors

Comment

We're going to have a small wedding at a hall
                    His father and his father's wife got us a hotel for the night because they knew we didn't have the money for a honeymoon, so it's a one night/one morning minimoon :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I just found out today that his parents and his brother and his GF are flying to Gibraltar for our wedding! I am so happy, I would have been okay if it was just us, but I was sad about that and now I am just so happy, this will make our day so special. I feel blessed.

We have some stuff to do day before but that is cool. We can explore Gibraltar and lower Spain. We will be there for 3 days and then we fly over to NL to his other friends and family for 2 days, so I guess that is our honeymoon too. It will be great, we are staying at his parents in NL, but we have a hotel for Gibraltar and will be flying into Dublin and spend a few hours there and then on train back to our home in Belfast. I have made only one plan to go to Euromast for a champagne toast in NL and the rest we are winging.
                      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X