Fingerprint rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
    Here in the US if you buy tungsten then they can't be resized. You can send them back for bigger/smaller sizes but they won't be the original rings you bought. Also,Tungsten because it's so thick can only be laser engraved. Tungsten is actually a very strong material and rarely does it crack,dent or break. Everyone I've ever known who has had a Tungsten ring has had it for years and most of them still look as new as the day they were bought. But I don't think that (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed) Tungsten can have fingerprints added because like I said,they can only be laser engraved. As for the white gold,that's not totally true either. Even genuine white gold pieces have to be maintenanced more often then regular gold because white gold doesn't really have as much resistance to things as other materials do. Especially since all white gold is,is just regular gold with other alloys added to give it the color that it has and gold at it's very base without alloys added to it is weak.
    are you a goldsmith too? your right on some part, tungsten is indeed very strong as long as you dont try to make it bigger (or try to smash it in a vise) and if you can laser print it you can have finger prints on them...

and you right on the alloys of white gold but it is actually stronger then yellow gold thou it needs as much attention as your other jewellery and if you have a very sour skin you might indeed need to polish it more often because of the silver that is in it.
    yeah white gold is more vulnerable then tungsten, titanium or even palladium just as yellow gold, rose gold or silver

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
      are you a goldsmith too? your right on some part, tungsten is indeed very strong as long as you dont try to make it bigger (or try to smash it in a vise) and if you can laser print it you can have finger prints on them...

and you right on the alloys of white gold but it is actually stronger then yellow gold thou it needs as much attention as your other jewellery and if you have a very sour skin you might indeed need to polish it more often because of the silver that is in it.
      yeah white gold is more vulnerable then tungsten, titanium or even palladium just as yellow gold, rose gold or silver
      Believe it or not I just research a lot. Plus I've been with quite a few of my friends when they've bought their rings so I always talk to the jewelers at stores and ask about that sort of thing. I just like having the knowledge and learning about random stuff.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

When we went ring shopping for my husband, every jeweler we talked to said tungsten can't be resized.

My rings are white gold. I've been wearing my engagement ring since Oct 2012, and haven't had to get it re-lacquered yet, but I've gotten it pro-cleaned a number of times. My wedding band hasn't been cleaned since I put it on, but I've only been wearing it for 2 months next week.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

wuhuuuuu ! that's cool idea ! I'd love to do it with my future husband ! we were deciding which one should we have gold or silver (becouse I love silver, and so does he) but i think we choosed gold becouse it won't go black and so on like silver .. we thought it would be cool to write something like my name on his ring from inside and his name on my ring from inside and now when i saw fingerprints I want to get it. I'm not sure if i can get it in my country .. We can get it in england but I don't know if it's cool idea to do our rings by online or so I can't check if it's cool on my finger and so on..

Comment

I'm beyond angry . I sent a company my rings to be engraved, specifically asking that they please engrave the fingerprints on the inside of the rings. I have it all in writing. When I get them back, the engravings are on the outside. ARG.

Comment

Oh no! Is there any way for it to be fixed?
              When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
              no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

There's no way . I've emailed the company but they only respond weekdays and it's Saturday night now...

Comment

That sucks! I'm sorry.
                  When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
                  no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Actually that is not bad priced. Rings are expensive. And if they have that much meaning they could turn into family air looms in which case money is no object. I would do it. What a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X