Met in July 2006
      Dated very briefly in November 2006
      Reconnected in July 2011
      Something changed in August 2013
      He visited in November 2013
      I traveled in November 2013
      I visit in February 2014

Comment

Well our first wedding dilemma, by nooo means the most important, is what to do about our first dance. We both like rock, indie type music (e.g. foo fighters) and neither of us dance. .... we had a hilarious attempt last night which ended up in the discussion about our first dance. There are a few options. ...a) don't have one, b) just have something comical or c) attempting it properly and practising lots.

Suggestions are very welcome!

Comment

Getting married to my ex we skipped it. The venue was old and the bearings of it wouldn't have taken the pressure of dancing. Neither of us could really dance, so skipped it.

But I would vote for the comical. Or then it could be a slow dance too. The practising etc sounds stressing to me. But if you guys wanna go for it, then do it!

Comment

I skipped it last time with my ex too, as we didn't really have a party after just a bbq and there wasn't really dancing. It's so long down the list of things to sort out it's kind of funny that we're both so concerned about it.

Comment

We went with C - practice. We learnt how to dance by watching youtube videos and sneaking off to practice in secret. Dancing is fun and intimate, I wish we had the excuse to do it more often!

But really, what do you both want? If skill and venue and people's opinions were not factors, what would you be left with?
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Do what you want! Dancing is pretty important to my SO and I, he's an excellent dancer. So leaving it out would be very strange for us. But every couple is different

Comment

Congratulations! Good luck with the wedding planning!

As for the dancing.. my SO and I are not big dancers either... I think we will probably be leaving it out of our wedding in the future.. though things could change and we might learn.. but I think you can have a great wedding without dancing. Though learning might be fun if you both are up for it!

Comment

Working...
                  X