Big wedding Vs. Intimate wedding ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveTangledPrincess View Post
    For those who did the smaller events, what did you do? Throw a party, have a dinner?
    I've been married a couple of times and they were small- just family and a couple of friends. A wedding dress and tux for us. I let my maid-of-honor choose a dress and then matched my flowers to her dress. I did have a traditional wedding cake. We were happy to have a light lunch and a friend did our music.

Rob and I have discussed getting married. He says just family is fine - but his "just family" is over 200 and that's close family - kids, cousins, etc. I'm pushing for just us in Vegas myself.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
      I don't think I even know 250 people well enough to invite to a wedding, let alone 2000!! That sounds totally insane!
      The way it works in India is 3 levels (or sometimes more) deep. You invite your friends, family and neighbors - they also bring their families. In turn, they invite their friends, neighbors and family and then those people invite their friends, neighbors and family. A small wedding is 300 people. When I attended a wedding in Nagpur, India, the bride and groom admitted that they didn't know MOST of the people there.
      From America to India. ♥

Comment

Now that the timeframe is getting more clear, we have two options:
        - get married in the courthouse and have a small get together at his mom's place
        - get married in a church and have a small get together at his mom's place

Both of it will be really small, 20-25 people maximum. I like the intimacy of it

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I want a small wedding. IF I get married again. I think I already replied to this post.......my bad! Can't remember them all. But yeah, definitely small. Unless I convince my SO to just be common law. :P

Comment

I definitely want a small wedding. And if it was for me, it would be just the two of us.

Comment

SO admitted to me yesterday he doesn't really like weddings - attending them, that is. So I guess if we are going to have a celebration at some point is going to be a small one. I don't really mind either way. In a few days I am going to experience what a Turkish wedding can be like, so I know what his point of referance is (though he said "country weddings" is usually a 3 day event). I think it is the shere number of people he doesn't like. And dancing.
              Last edited by differentcountries; September 20, 2014, 10:55 AM.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
              X