Wow! Congrats to you both!! What a cute memory

Comment

Congrats, that's great

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Thanks so much guys! We did go out and tell our one new friend here. We went out to an awesome dinner and during dinner he asked if I wanted him to "do it proper" another time and I told him that was the most sincere and intimate way to do it and I loved it more than any other way and I will forever have those underwear in my mind. lol.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

that's great congrats to you both.

Comment

Gefeliciteerd met jullie verloving!! That's a cute way to do it!!! Enjoy your day together and make sure you celebrate well

Comment

We did indeed! We might even go out again tonight and see a blues band.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Congratulations! I love your proposal story. You have a very spontaneous guy!
                Read my LDR story!
                Facebook
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                  Congratulations! I love your proposal story. You have a very spontaneous guy!
                  Thsnks Michelle!
                  Yes he is big teddy bear.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Oh my gosh! Yay, congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, I think I have decided on a pink dress.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Non traditional wedding?!?! I know I like you.

Comment

Originally posted by lilspitfire View Post
                            Non traditional wedding?!?! I know I like you.
                            LOL.

I want it pretty low key and just happy!
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Congratulations!

This is all very exciting, and pink dresses are super cute. Good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                                Congratulations!

This is all very exciting, and pink dresses are super cute. Good choice.
                                Thank you Harlequin.

We went and looked at rings yesterday. I told him that I really want a silver white opal with little diamond chips. I want it to be daintyish but not tiny. He told me he was to design our wedding bands to be matching rings with the Stargate gate design on the outside of them. He is even going to do a 3d mock up of them for the jeweler. This is so amazing because we met on a Stargate forum and our kitties are named after Ba'al and Quetesh from the show as well. We are kinda scifi nerds but not crazy and also he is just very sentimental. I saw him pay a taxi driver the other day and I noticed he is still carrying around the other half of our couples keychain I gave to him a few years when we were apart. The rings will be different from these but something like this for the engagement ring, I will take this picture to the jeweler so that he can make a higher quality one. It is silver with a white opal (not blue like in picture) and it looks amazing. I just hope a jeweler can make one of good quality for an affordable price.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Heart-Sh...A2ZD05WY5726CV

and something like this for the bands.

https://www.google.com/search?q=star...2F%3B300%3B299

that one won't quite work because it has the design on the inside and he wants it on the outside but luckily my man is a computer techy guy so he found this software

https://www.jewelrythis.com/join-jt/...FagKwwodexUAUg

and so this is now his plan. We are getting married in a few months, so we are probably going to grab some cheapies place holders for the ceremony and then wait the 3 plus month or so to get our "real rings" after that. I really don't mind. I would wear a candy pop ring to marry my beloved, he just amazed me by his concept of our rings.
                                Last edited by Hollandia; September 28, 2014, 06:05 AM.
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X