No announcement yet.

Engaged yay! But a little overwhelmed already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the engagement! It's awesome you will be getting married in Croatia. It's mine and my SO's home country and we are hoping to visit next year. We'd love to get married there.

Comment

AAHHH, congratulations! Planning a wedding is mostly awful (at least, in my experience ), but as Dzu says, whatever you do will be gorgeous.

It's so cool that you're getting married in Croatia. S and I are going to Split for our honeymoon!

Comment

Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and the proposal sounds lovely!

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your lovely words and encouragement I'm feeling a bit better now, thanks to you too <3
          We decided to separate the ceremony and the reception to make it easier and also give us enough time to deal with visas and paperwork and what needs to be done. So the civil ceremony will be this year and reception (and possibly church ceremony) will happen in 2016.
          The cost of the visa application took my breath away, 1257 euro, are you kidding me???? So the cost of that is another reason why we're postponing reception until next year. It gives us a bit of breathing space and also more time for our guests from overseas (including my brother) to organise their flights and time off.

@Sanja I had no idea you guys were Croatian, although I could've guessed by your username. I'm Croatian too, living in Croatia. I hope you get to marry here

@Hollandia That's great information, thanks! I know there'll be lots of translating involved, although from some of the recent information I've heard is that we could possibly have his documents issued by his embassy here in Croatia and they could be in Croatian already so we could save up time and money on it. I'm working on confirming that.

@CynicalQuixotic Hey, that's awesome if you need any help at all, let me know. I live here and I've been to Split a good number of times so I may be able to help.

Thanks again everyone, you're such darlings
          Last edited by Malaga; March 18, 2015, 07:20 AM.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Congratulations Malaga! I'm so so happy for you.

I am still planning my wedding, started a year prior to our wedding date and I still have lots to think about and organize... But I think this really depends on what you want... I'm sure a lot of people do beautiful weddings in less time 😀

But it's good you already have a plan now 😊

Comment

Working...
            X