Booking Big Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booking Big Entertainment

So, I've recently decided to try and figure out how much it would cost to book my boyfriend's favorite musical artist for our wedding. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with booking a big entertainer, and how much it cost? I recently contacted a booking agency and am hoping to hear back from them within the next day. I already know to expect it to be $10,000+ and will be working my butt off at work and fundraising the money (via bake sales, etc).

Any advice or comments?

I'd keep an eye on the booking fee and what it does include very closesly. is it including travel expenses, hotel, food etc for the artist? what equipment will they bring, what will you have to organise? do they expect you to have a sound technician etc.

Also, not every musical act will do private gigs.

Comment

How about you just spend some money and take him to a city where they play and make a weekend of it. You would save like $9400

Comment

I am confused, don't you have another thread about not being able to find a job and here you are working hard at work to pay the 10 grand for a band?

It might be really cool, but unless you are rich, I would have a DJ play their CD and put that cash into your future.
        Last edited by Hollandia; March 27, 2015, 06:29 PM.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          How about you just spend some money and take him to a city where they play and make a weekend of it. You would save like $9400
          This would be my option.

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
          I am confused, don't you have another thread about not being able to find a job and here you are working hard at work to pay the 10 grand for a band ?

It might be really cool, but unless you are rich, I would have a DJ play their CD and put that cash into your future.
          I'd put the money into your future that's a lot on one element of the day

Comment

You might get a good deal on One Direction at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
              You might get a good deal on One Direction at the moment.
              Looking at getting 20% off, easily.

Comment

What I find really bizarre about this post is that only a month ago you post here:

Originally posted by Lea-le-Lea View Post
                I'm really scared to find out how much it will cost in the end, because my parents will be covering most of it for us, considering we'll barely have enough money to get ourselves back to America with a Fiance Visa in hand by the end of the year. I don't want them to end up spending too much money, so I hope it's under $2000. But we'll see how realistic that is when we start planning things mid this year.
                Very bizarre indeed.

Comment

Wait, a bake sale to raise $10,000+??!! What are you going to be selling?? Faberge eggs?

Comment

Your idea is really romantic and very lovely, but realistically, a K-1 visa gives you 90 days to get married and there is a LOT of things you have to count on and pay for and crazy things like these will most likely not make the cut.
                    I thought we'd be fine with ~$500 yet we spent about $1000 on just the essentials (venue, food, justice of the peace and I am not counting all the things other people have payed for like my wedding gown ~$300, the cake ~$200, etc.), and please, don't forget you have to adjust your status afterwards which is $1070 dollars + taking visa pictures and other nick nacks.

Unless your parents are REALLY rich, $10,000 for an act for one night is probably not a good idea.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

It is very sweet that you want to surprise your husband to be with his fav live band, save that idea for after you have found a fulltime job, can afford to save up and you want to throw him a great birthday party. Right now, since your parents are paying for all, their cd or a local band is more fitting.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Unless his favorite band is some local bar band, or a band nobody's ever heard of, it's going to cost considerably more than $10,000, plus you have to pay all the band's expenses (hotel, airfare, food, cargo, etc.) separately. That's a hell of a lot of cupcakes.
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                          I am confused, don't you have another thread about not being able to find a job..
                          Haha, Yeah, but once I get a job, I'll be saving as much money as possible. I just got an interview too, so lets hope it works out. It's more just theoretical, and asking if anyone has done it.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                            What I find really bizarre about this post is that only a month ago you post here:

Very bizarre indeed.
                            I'm a hard worker and determined, and a lot of other things have been falling into place as well. I just figured if booking was possible, I'd work as hard as I could to make it happen. I'm sure the idea will be out the window in a few weeks, but I was really just looking for people who had experience in the topic.

And ultimately, if I decided to follow through with it, nothing would stop me from making it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                              Wait, a bake sale to raise $10,000+??!! What are you going to be selling?? Faberge eggs?

Lol I was just saying I'd do everything I could to make the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X