Originally posted by sam View Post
    Hey, it might
    I think there's more chance of the Finnish one fitting than the English
    Originally posted by elina View Post
    Hmm..

Today, Tomorrow, Forever
    Tänään, Huomenna, Ikuisesti

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it's not that much longer
    But yeah, probably wouldn't fit but it'd be nice though!

Haha! That makes a change

Maybe it will then

Originally posted by elina View Post
    Yeah, I would.. love it if Sam had an engagement ring too but.. like he said, he wouldn't wanna wear one so.. it'll be just me wearing an engagement ring. I don't really even know how it goes here to be honest.. my dad's only got one ring.. and I guess my sister's husband has got one too so.. I'm confused :| Guess guys don't usually have engagement rings, just the wedding ring? *shrug*

Oh well, as long as he'll wear the wedding ring *whistles* hah.

Tanja's the opposite, every guy she knows has had an engagement ring!

But certainly in here the guys never wear engagement rings, hence why me and Sam are so against it I guess.

Originally posted by sam View Post

Well I'd guess Elina would want me to have one too but.. I wouldnt be too keen.

I love her and would want everyone to know I'm married (due to wearing a ring), but I'll only wear the wedding ring because I have to. I hate wearing rings.. jewellery.. glasses.. watches.. anything.. on my body O_o

So, I wouldnt even wear a wedding ring if I had the choice But yeah, I'm sure I can do that for her. Not sure about two rings though

That's pretty much how I feel about it too. I don't think the wedding ring would bother me tbh but I'm like you (surprise, surprise ) when it comes to wearing jewellery. A watch and that's it
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Tanja's the opposite, every guy she knows has had an engagement ring!
      Erm well my friend got engaged a while ago and.. her fiancee has got an engagement ring too so.. I don't know, I'm still confused as to how we do it here Finland's weird :|

Comment

Just tried the 'wrap string around you finger to see how big it is' and.. you could easily fit it!

Comment

Take her! It'll be fun and you'll get to see the look on her face while she's picking out "the one".

Comment

I want to be surprised so I wouldn't want to go ring shopping. I really don't have anything particular in mind except for the band color. I really hope he asks my mother for her opinion because then I would get a perfect ring. If he doesn't know me enough to get a good ring for me then I don't think we'd be ready for the ring.
            First date: 12.27.09
            Started the distance: 6.10.10
            Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

I'd prefer to at least go with him to see what I like and what we can afford.

What one couple I know did was try on a few different styles, and picked out the stone. But she didn't know what he ended up choosing until he proposed. That way it was still a surprise, but he also knew she'd like the ring.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Right after I had commented in this thread my coworker was showing a printed out photo of her ring to everyone in the office. Everyone said "Congrats on getting engaged!" and she's like "Oh we're not engaged yet, he hasn't asked." They had gone ring shopping this past weekend and picked out a style they liked. I don't think you should go around showing people what your picked out ring looks like until he actually asks and presents it to you!
                First date: 12.27.09
                Started the distance: 6.10.10
                Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

I always thought I'd surprise Tanja with it but I don't think I'd have wanted to take that sort of chance - we've looked at rings online so I've got an idea of what she likes, it's a good job we did that tbh cause she wasn't really keen on the traditional engagement ring!
                  I like what Andy said Me and my boyfriend have looked at rings online for fun. But I think he knows what my style is from this simple thing.

Comment

I'd want him to suprise me, but knowing him.... it would take him months to find the "perfect one", as he has already started with my christmas and birthday present (my birthday is in January) and he says he is having trouble already lol.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

What my boy did with me was that we would be hanging out, and if we passed in front of a jewlry store we would talk about what I like. Then eventually he bought a ring, without me knowing, the engagement was a surprise.

Comment

we gone shopping till he suggested to looking at the rings and i picked mine out and he purposed :x

Comment

I asked my SO this question after it was posted here because I wasn't 100% sure what her answer would be. I definitely want the actual proposal to be a surprise, but I do find the ring portion of that a bit intimidating. As she said, "I'll be the one to have to wear it all the time so I'd like to have some say in picking it out." She told me that she was making me a little scrap book ring buying guide of sorts as to what she was interested in. She also said she had no problem going shopping with me for rings, but she was adamant about not being there when I buy her ring. We've already discussed getting married, and we know it will happen. We both still want some surprise in there though I think to make it more memorable and special.

Comment

I am in the boat with the women who went shopping to look at rings and pick out mine with my fiance. First, it was a good idea since we went in Ireland and the sizing is well weird and what I had told him beforehand was totally wrong. He knows what I liked and asked my mom as well but in the end we just decided for me to go. Even though I had gone to pick it out. I didn't know when he would actually propose so that was a surprise. I have to say for me picking out my ring didn't ruin anything like that surprise of him proposing ( he made it very special) but that's just me

Comment

A friend of mine wants to propose to his girlfriend, but he's unsure of what she would like. He's planning on taking her best friend to help him pick out a ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X