Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congrats!! Much Happiness to you both!

Comment

Such exciting news !!

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
          Recently I have noticed my SO has been referring to me as his fiancée more and more. We've talked about getting married next year and there were two dates we've been throwing around. I knew there wasn't going to be any big proposal or anything like that for us. It's been more of a comfortable "this is going to happen" situation for us.

While texting today, I asked him "So, do you consider us engaged?" Response "Yes, Love". No surprise that it was in his mind but he won't come out and say anything unless I ask - he'll just assume we're on the same page. So I asked him if he wanted to just set the date for 11/9/16 and he said that's the date he wanted and so yes. (Our birthdays are 11/8 and 11/10.)

Probably the most boring way any of you have read, but it's now set. When we're on vacation in a few weeks, we'll start to hammer out some details. We don't know right now if we'll be in NH or TX by that time but at least we can start making some decisions. And maybe, just maybe, he'll actually bring the ring with him this visit! LOL
          I love the date! I don't think it's boring.
          On a sidenote, Tam and I aren't picking wedding dates cause we gotta sort something else out and are prolly just gonna do it whenever's convenient, but we like the idea of it being the 25th of a month, because my birthday is January 25 and hers is September 25. 25 just seems to be a good number for us!
          Met: Apr 2013
          Mutual interest: July 2013
          Relationship Began: November 6 2013
          First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
          Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
          Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
          Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
          Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Happy for you R&R

Comment

Woohoo! Congrats
              Met Online : July 2013
              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
              Proposal : December 2014
              Closed distance : February 2015
              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

congratulations!
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

I am a bit late to this thread, well I wasn't even on this site at that time, but anyway, congratulations :3
                    And I can't help but point out how smart that date is, you could celebrate everything on a single day or have long celebrations. And it's especially amusing because my and my SO's birthdays are with a day in between too.

Comment

All proposal stories are cute in their own way and urs is not exception cause its cute for you guys!! congratss
                      The Little Panda who LOVES her Marine

Forever and Always to Infinity and Beyond

1/28/16

Comment

Working...
                      X