Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxMeg589xX View Post

Although I would love anything my SO would get me, Ive had my eye on this ring for awhile Sooo Beautiful! <3
    this ring is gorgeous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKaz View Post
      Do you all want to get the ring in a surprise proposal? Or do you want to pick it out with your SO? The former can be kind of risky, I guess.
      how is it usually done? I know the styles of rings that I like but there is something to be said for it being a surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by Svea View Post
        This is the mother of all engagement rings that I am IN love with, ladies! It will never happen, but a girl can dream.. And check out that price tag!

https://www.tiffany.ca/Engagement/it...01/3001/0/2001

HOLY COW

How can anyone afford rings that expensive, unless they were millionaires or something crazy like that xD Not too bad-looking that one, though

I'd loooooove a surprise proposal.. ♥ and that's probably what I'll get! Still waiting though I've given him enough hints so he'll know what type of a ring I'd like, I'm pretty confident about that
        I'd rather not choose it myself, I'd like to keep the element of surprise when I see the ring

Comment

I think it should be his choice too. though mine was nothing like I would have expected or chosen for myself, and I neither liked it nor could wear it at first. Now it's grown on me and I love it.

Hinting at what size it should be should be just as important as style
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I trust my boyfriend with that. He has rather good taste when it comes to jewelry and I've hinted at what kind of rings I like.
            He also picked out the most beautiful "pre-engagement" (his words) ring for me, with the help of his mum. So I'm quite positive he won't give me something I won't like. Although, he has recently been complaining that he won't be able to find another one as pretty as the one he has already given me (I told him to steal the one I have, get angry at me for losing it and then propose with it - I think that would be cute, but obviously not now after I've suggested it!)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I have a promise ring right now that has three little main diamonds and then 3 tiny baby diamonds on either side of the main 3. It is white gold. On the inside it has "Past, Present, Future" engraved in it. I adore it.

However, my ENGAGEMENT ring is another story. I adore the brilliance of the diamond in the round shape. This is my dream ring.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post
                I have a promise ring right now that has three little main diamonds and then 3 tiny baby diamonds on either side of the main 3. It is white gold. On the inside it has "Past, Present, Future" engraved in it. I adore it.

However, my ENGAGEMENT ring is another story. I adore the brilliance of the diamond in the round shape. This is my dream ring.

could you post a picture of your promise ring? <3
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKaz View Post
                  What happens if your SO spends a whole bunch of time picking it out and it's STILL awful? What's the etiquette for that, I wonder?

if you want to know, ask your SO if she likes more rose gold, or white gold or yellow gold, and what kind of stones she likes more, diamonds or color, what color and what stones? you can say you want to give her earrings or a necklace pendant as a birthday/christmas gift and maybe someday give her the matching ring...

sure after that you would need to buy the earrings, lol
                  but at least you would know for sure what she likes and wants.
                  our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                    could you post a picture of your promise ring? <3

This is the best example I could find online. I don't actually have a picture of it on my computer. It also isn't nearly this big, obviously lol But there ya have it! My promise ring!

Comment

Originally posted by ashleecarol View Post

This is the best example I could find online. I don't actually have a picture of it on my computer. It also isn't nearly this big, obviously lol But there ya have it! My promise ring!
                      it is beautiful! and it is from the brand that has present past and future engraved inside? or you edited the picture? it is really lovely!
                      our story.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                        it is beautiful! and it is from the brand that has present past and future engraved inside? or you edited the picture? it is really lovely!
                        I got the picture from the brand that has it already engraved inside. Zales.

Comment

My SO and I won't be getting engaged for a whileeee but my friends and I love to look up pretty rings and such. So I already have one I fell in love with.

Hopefully my future engagement ring :] and it's only $300 which is awesome because I do not want him to spend a lot of money on it.

But because we're so young (18) and want to be a little older when we get married, I had a promise ring. I lost it at the airport along with my class ring. It was horrible! So now I'm looking at a replacement one and I fell in love with this ring...

Engraved with our names of course.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I am NOT the type to plan this sorta stuff, or get squeely over rings, but I recently saw this ring and I fell in love. It's EXACTLY what i'd want for an engagement ring.

https://www.lavanjewellery.co.uk/pro...tails/R724.htm

Comment

well, this is my first post on here! I love this website and only just decided to browse the forum because my regular LDR forum won't load... ANYWAY. I could NOT get past this thread! love seeing what people want!

I already know exactly what I want.. which might make it easier or harder for my guy, not sure lol.
                              We have discussed it and he likes the ring I want. it is so incredibly pretty and blue is his favourite colour too! I love sapphires

hope the picture isn't too big!

I'm in love with it, the symmetry of it is gorgeous. I've also talked with my guy about just having the engagement ring and me not wearing a wedding band, I wouldn't want to distract from such a ring, so he would put the engagement ring on my finger as my wedding ring during the ceremony. I'm very lucky that my guy is understanding that I already know what i want. I also wanted to be honest with him in advance before he went out to get a ring because it would be awful if he got something without knowing I had my heart set on something already.

I definitely want him to buy it on his own without me knowing and surprise me with the proposal though. I'm also not set on a price, I've suggested to him to take the picture to a jeweller and have them make it from lower clarity diamonds on the side, or having 3 small diamonds on each side to lower the costs. I don't want him to spend a huge amount
                              it'll be very special to get the ring I have imagined as my engagement ring from him
                              Met Online: February 2009
                              Feelings grew: January 2011
                              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Hello Jazi, welcome to the forum. *waves*
                                our story.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X