Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
    our husbands have the same looking wedding band!
    Ha! Mine too.
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      Your ring is gorgeous !

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
        Here you go! picture worked for me this time . When you get your proposal/ring I want to see it!!

That ring is gorgeous! it's the exact thing I want. Congrats on your engagement.

Comment

She's already married
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
            Picture!
            Will do! but shockingly I don't have any photos of his ring.. I'll either have to sneak in a shot or wait til those darn professional photos *STILL waiting*

Originally posted by Trethsparr View Post
            Ha! Mine too.
            It IS an amazing mens wedding band.. not surprised 3 of our men have it

Originally posted by chizatlauren View Post
            That ring is gorgeous! it's the exact thing I want. Congrats on your engagement.
            Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
            She's already married
            As the lovely 23 says, I am already married! but thank you nonetheless :P it was a lovely engagement - and a great wedding too
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Jazi & Threth, are your guys' rings tungsten too? I THINK (though I could be misremembering) that his ring is by "ArtCarved" rings.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Is it odd that I am not sure what I would like my engagement ring to look like? I haven't really thought about it, like specifications or so. I know I want a ring and sometimes I wonder if my SO will give me one when he proposes to me? I mean, I don't know if that's done here in Germany or not (I admit it, I am a wedding/engagement illiterate).

Perhaps knowing that I prefer silver/platinum, nothing fancy at all, is a good beginning? This thread got me thinking and now I feel like I should start looking around hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlafmütze View Post
                  Is it odd that I am not sure what I would like my engagement ring to look like? I haven't really thought about it, like specifications or so. I know I want a ring and sometimes I wonder if my SO will give me one when he proposes to me? I mean, I don't know if that's done here in Germany or not (I admit it, I am a wedding/engagement illiterate).

Perhaps knowing that I prefer silver/platinum, nothing fancy at all, is a good beginning? This thread got me thinking and now I feel like I should start looking around hehe.
                  I didn't really think about engagement rings till after we'd started talking about getting married. Some of my friends have had their dream rings in mind for years, before they even had a boyfriend, so that sort of thing definitely varies person to person!

I had a "THE wedding dress" moment with my engagement ring. I spent aaaaaages looking at them, then the day my SO was going to the jewelers, I saw one and went "waaaaaaaaaaaait! THIS ONE THIS ONE THIS ONE" lol It took a lot of staring at jewelers' windows and online to find something I liked. I wanted a coloured stone originally, but my SO threw a hissy fit, so I had to think again

Here's mine, seeing as the old picture got buried in the thread somewhere:

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Boyfriend and I have started talking about rings, and this is the one I love most so far.

So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

That's so nifty Ejo! I like it a lot.

I have been dreaming of rings since I was playing with Barbies...who got married many times!
                      ~~~

Comment

I want a black diamond on white gold!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 11MikesGirl21 View Post
                          My engagement ring is my grandmother's. She got married over 50 years ago so the ring is very traditional and the band is kinda black because she was allergic to the gold. But I still like it.

It's very close to that. I don't have a picture of the ring on my computer.

For a wedding ring, I want a claddagh ring with a blue stone in it. Like this:
                          And years later...that all changed. My engagement ring still has my grandmother's diamond, but that's it. He designed it and helped the jeweler make it. He picked the setting and set one sapphire and the diamond.

And we just bought my wedding band about three weeks ago. Can't find it online, but it looks kinda of like this. Where the diamonds are, I have all metal work.
                          ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                          The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I'm in the same situation now

I know he will propose me when he comes to see me next we have planned to go married in summer so we are just about to choose wediing rings. I love silver rings and I have million of silver rings and I couldnt imagine to have golden wedding/engagment ring and he likes silver too but when we started to find rings we both agreed to get gold ones

I think he is getting my engagment ring too when he proposes me and if he does I have no idea how will he guess my finger size and what kind of ring should it be I can help him to choose it, but I love surprises and I think it should be choosen without me knowing that he is getting me engagment ring (planning getting engaged and getting married from far away is enough silly thing about the distance)

I loved the rings here ..

Comment

I ordered mine and my fiance's engagement rings which will double as our wedding rings since we don't really see the point in buying two separate rings. Hopefully they'll fit once we get them (crossing fingers for Monday). They are Tungsten Carbide with an inlay. We're having them laser engraved with our favorite quote later. I'll post pictures when we get them.
                              Last edited by LadyDaemon; December 22, 2013, 12:02 PM.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                              Back Together: August 1,2012
                              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                              Engaged: January 17,2013
                              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I think my SO knows me well enough to get me something plain. I'm a really minimalistic person, just a simple princess cut will make me happy. Though, I've been doing some shameless browsing and I'm really liking black diamonds!

I think this ring is GORGEOUS!!

I can't see myself wearing it (especially not at 2 grand) but it's a work of art.

Comment

Working...
                                X