No announcement yet.

Engagement rings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take any ring he gave me even if it was from a gum ball machine. It's about the gesture not the ring to me, but if I had a choice it would be something antique or vintage in style from the early 1900s. I like something like this

well...nm the picture link wont work..

Why don't we have the option to just upload from our computer? It's easier that way...

ok hopefully this one shows. I like small dainty rings. I dont like big gawdy flashy ones! I like silver or white gold, but I would take anything from my honey. Like I said it's the gesture that matters.
    Last edited by Paris; November 14, 2010, 09:22 AM. Reason: try and add pic

Comment

I would like a typical engagement ring
      Like this one:

I don't like those super fancy rings, for me it would be totally enough if it is simple like the one on the picture
      Well, I would prefer a Princess cut tho

Comment

I don't need anything fancy. If he wanted to propose with a ring pop I'd probably go for it! (Of course I want something I can wear all the time! But I love him no matter what.)
        But I love this...

Or this..

Comment

Obsydian- I have one similar to the second ring you posted. Those are both beautiful! And I agree, a Ring Pop would work fine (red, please, lol).
          LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
          Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
          Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Originally posted by diana View Post
            i'm not a jewelry type of person,,rings,bracelets and necklaces make me feel kind of restricted; i can't move freely,and i'm allergic to all kinds of metals.
            but i absolutely loved this

finger print rings; very special <3
            those are badasss.

Comment

I'm a control freak so I chose mine my mum is also a control freak and she also chose hers lol! like mother like daughter hey...
              we're not officially engaged yet, but we've discussed it, pretty much planned it, and he already has the ring! We're just waiting until next year, for me to turn 20 (my SO will be 23) because my dad will be happier with it then
              It might sound crazy that he already has the ring, but it was the last one left. I have always wanted welsh clogau gold (i'm half welsh) engagement and wedding rings...unfortunately because welsh gold is becoming so rare, the prices are going up and once they've sold out of specific items, they don't get them back in again. So because my dream ring was in the sale he bought it...and it was the last one in my size! They no longer have it on their website so I can't show you a pic but it's welsh gold, with a simple diamond and the word 'cariad' inscribed on the inside of the band (cariad is welsh for love/sweetheart). It's beautiful and i love it! I've always just wanted a simple ring, nothing fussy...i can't wait until he proposes and i can finally wear it and start planning properly for the future
              some of my friends know and his family know about it, but i'm keeping it a secret from my family...i want it to be a complete surprise :P ...although i have told my SO he will have to ask my dads permission first
              I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
              please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
              It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

8983MilesofLove: Was probably a smart thing to do.. to get the ring in advance, now you'll get the ring of your dreams

Got another question (if anyone even sees it )

Have you thought about wanting something engraved on the engagement ring? On the inside I mean
                Sam and I talked a little bit about this the other day and he suggested that I'd have "Sam & Elina" on the engagement ring and something along the lines of "Together forever" on the wedding ring.. thought it was a pretty good idea Would be nice to have the wedding date on the wedding ring too though but I don't know if it'd fit well enough

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                  Have you thought about wanting something engraved on the engagement ring?
                  We didn't do an engraving on my engagement ring but we are thinking about it for the wedding rings. Not sure what yet...maybe our names or something in Bambara (his native language) or Arabic. Decisions, decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                    We didn't do an engraving on my engagement ring but we are thinking about it for the wedding rings. Not sure what yet...maybe our names or something in Bambara (his native language) or Arabic. Decisions, decisions!
                    Yeah.. Sam's probably gonna have the text "Together forever" in Finnish on his wedding ring I think it's cute to use both languages if your native languages aren't the same

I'd love to have something engraved on at least one of those rings.. whether it's a date or a text or our names etc.. I think it makes the ring even more.. special and unique

Comment

I want something small, I love small jewelery. Preferable silver, or rose gold... Platinum would be nice but it's a little pricey :P As for the stone? Either a diamond or pink tourmaline, since that's my birthstone and it's really pretty. I'd like a really small stone, or a regular sized stone with small ones around it. Haven't found a picture yet. But I know what I want. I've subtlely let it slip that I like small rings, after seeing some huge diamond ring being given away for a contest, so hopefully we wont have to talk aboout it and ruin the surprise if it ever happens.

Don't think I'd want an engraving... Maybe if it's later in the relationship. I got an engraving from my ex on my grad ring, and now I can't wear it anymore :P
                      Last edited by sabby64; November 19, 2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: 200th post yay :)

Comment

I was wandering around on that etsy site and happened across this, and I actually really like it:

It's simple, doesn't stick out too much, and makes a good reference to tying the knot. And REALLY inexpensive. I don't want my potential fiancee to spend thousands on an engagement ring, I'd rather we go travelling. I just found out that you're supposed to wear your wedding ring WITH your engagment ring though (my mom never had an engagement ring, only the wedding one). It would be fine by me though to have a throw-away engagement ring like this that would be replaced by a wedding ring.

My friend just got engaged and her fiance had the best idea. She doesn't really like diamonds and isn't a flashy person, so he got her a wood ring! Well, he got her a temporary one until he finds out her size, and he's getting one designed I think. It TOTALLY suits her, and is very unique. Something like the stuff on this website I assume: https://www.touchwoodrings.com/.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                        -- Anonymous

Comment

I found this picture and knew I had to post it in this thread! I've always said I would prefer to pick my own (just because my SO is not that great with things like that) but if he went and got this I would be soooooo happy
                          So THE PERFECT RING IS:
                          I love it, I love it, I love it... then with a matching wedding ring Basically I prefer a delicate band (I have small fingers) that have some sort of intricate detail/antiquey looking, and a nice shiny rock!

Anyway, in regards to the question about engraving - I think the date would be nice, on both rings even (i.e. date of engagement on engagement ring, and date of wedding on wedding ring). I'm sure if my partner and I were more culturally diverse we would want to incorporate that into an inscribtion on our rings - so I think your guys ideas are pretty cool

Comment

Kyle and I are getting puns engraved on our rings
                            "To some marriage is a word, to others, a sentence."

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanieeee View Post
                              Kyle and I are getting puns engraved on our rings
                              "To some marriage is a word, to others, a sentence."
                              Hahahahaha that's brilliant. Nice you see you don't take yourselves at all seriously!
                              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My best friend asked me the other day what type of ring I wanted in case my boyfriend asked her advice. I want a peridot as the main stone and two small diamonds on the sides, in silver or white gold. He knows my taste, so I know I'll like whatever he gets me.

Comment

Working...
                                X