Marriage talk with your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage talk with your SO

My SO and I are always talking about getting married and we know we want. We've talked about the wedding, where to have it, what to do etc etc...
    Him and I have not met yet and we are not even engaged yet.

Does anyone else have these type of conversations with their SO?
    "Forever and Always"
    sigpic

Me and my SO have talks like this all the time! They're so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
      Me and my SO have talks like this all the time! They're so much fun!
      They are! I love them!
      "Forever and Always"
      sigpic

Comment

We just started having these conversations in July. We don't talk about them much, but when we do, it's objective -- like how we want to raise kids, when we'd want to buy a house (and where), how we'd handle a marriage where he'll be on the road often. His job has him traveling at least once a month making site visits to clients.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Not really. I mean, we both came down to the conclusion that we're too young to get married, because my parents and his parents were both married by 20. I said my dream wedding is on a beach in Hawaii but he said his family would probably want him to get married in a church. We left it at that because I would already feel myself needing to argue.

I would like to be able to have talks about it, but I think we're still too early in the relationship.

Comment

My bf and i are engaged, so we talk about marriage every other minute. It's fun to talk about it but since our possibly wedding day is getting closer each day that goes by (not really close, 10 months away) i get extremely nervous =/

Comment

We've talked about getting married, but that's about it. Which, is fine with me. I'd rather cross the bridge when I get there and wait for the engagement right now than what I'm gonna wear and who's invited and so on.

Comment

Oh yeah, we had those talks before we even met as well. In fact, he's the one who brought it up first, including realizing he doesn't know how to dance and flailing about how would he learn before our wedding. XD He's so cute!

We're not engaged yet, but talks about random wedding things and things with kids, life, etc all come up.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

No, we don't talk about it at all. Ever. Under any circumstance. That too is actually kinda fun lol
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We tried once...It got really awkward. I just said "How about we don't discuss for another 5 years?" His response was "Yes please!" So we're safe until we're 25 @_@.

Comment

Think we actually talk about it often... but we're also engaged, so guess it's normal XD

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                        No, we don't talk about it at all. Ever. Under any circumstance. That too is actually kinda fun lol
                        Haha, same!

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                          There are definitely infinite numbers of things more fun to talk about. Thinking about getting married stresses me out. Which is part of the reason why we rarely talk about it.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                            There are definitely infinite numbers of things more fun to talk about. Thinking about getting married stresses me out. Which is part of the reason why we rarely talk about it.
                            I figure we'll have plenty of time to talk about it when we're engaged, and I know he likes the 'mystery'... I'm starting to like it too. Thinking of marriage doesn't stress me out though.

Can I ask why it's stressful?
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Alex and I have had talks about marriage. We've had talks about kids, too. Right now, though, we're of the opinion that we need to take it slow, mainly for his sake, but also for mine, and let things unfold without the pressure it puts on a couple with those expectations. We do want to get married, but he really feels like he needs to wait it out first because he has had bad experiences in the past (he's been engaged before, but she cheated). So...if you talk to me in a year it might be a different story, but for now we're content with dating.

Comment

Working...
                              X