No announcement yet.

Intimate Immediate Family-Only Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I forgot-- my sister went to her best friend's... umm elopement I guess? haha A park ranger wed them, and the only other people there were my sister and her boyfriend. It was on the beach and was very pretty.

And do some south-western food! Chili, beans.. spicy things... you guys eat that stuff right? haha

I'm from the south. We're all about collards, fried chicken and sweet tea.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
      And do some south-western food! Chili, beans.. spicy things... you guys eat that stuff right? haha
      I don't know about the rest of Utah but I didn't grow up with a specific kind of cuisine. My mom cooked Italian, French, Thai, Southern, etc. So we'll just grace them with my Mom's awesome worldwide cooking

Comment

Oops forgot to add:

For those who have commented about small, intimate weddings you've been to...thanks! It's really encouraging to hear how well they were received I think we're making the right decision with this.

I was on the phone with my best friend last night and she said, "Knowing you and Papa (my SO), I'm surprised you guys haven't eloped already. Big traditional parties are soo not your style" haha
        Last edited by mllebamako; January 25, 2011, 04:23 AM.

Comment

I think small weddings are the best of both worlds. Although I admit, I can't wait to invite our families and close friends - we might have 50 people total, depending what country we have it in.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I'm in the small wedding camp My SO's bestfriend had a HUGE wedding for 200 people.... the bride and groom were so stressed out! Idk to me, a big wedding like that turns into an event for everybody else, not the bride and groom. We're having 2-5 people (depending on if I can FORCE my SO to invite his parents) to the "elopement", then 20 to the proper wedding. Less stress and more fun for you- it's YOUR day afterall!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

In my relationship I'm the one who would want to elope also, my SO is wanting to have a wedding, so I have said it will be a small wedding, but I can see lots of my family being angry they weren't invited, though I can see them getting the invite and then not coming so I don't know. I'm not there yet so I guess I don't have to worry lol I just don't want to be in front of a lot of people
              Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

I've been thinking about weddings for fun. I like the idea of a small wedding, but the problem is that my immediate family is HUGE! So no matter what we're going to have to have a big wedding.

Comment

Working...
                X