Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...when did you start hearing wedding bells? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my SO really started talking about marriage probably 10 months into our relationship. He said that he wants to marry me first before I ever even thought about anything!

Comment

We knew pretty much from the start that we had found something incredibly rare. We agree, however, that it was the starry November night of our first visit that we knew we had found our forever. We were standing out on a boulder in the middle of the river, and after sharing our first kiss and several more, we simply looked into each others' eyes, touching faces, as if memorizing every detail and cherishing every moment...and that was all it took. We married nine months later

Comment

I never ever wanted to get married. I always said I do NOT ever want to get married at all.
        But since I know my SO, I dont know why, but everything has changed so much.
        Now I would love to get married one day :-) Sometimes I have wonderful day dreams about a cheesy wedding and a future with him but I dont hear the wedding bells yet.

Comment

Think I started thinking about it after having dated for 4 months. And then we both discussed it after 5 months... and agreed we both saw the possibility of a future marriage. And then 8 months after started dating we got engaged.

Comment

I've thought about marrying my boyfriend for a very long time. Probably about 6 months or so into our relationship I thought seriously about it. Not quite hearing wedding bells yet but thats only because we're long distance. When we live together they will be ringing loudly. We have been dating for almost 4 years.

Comment

I can't remember the exact point when we both began seriously discussing the possibility of forever <3 but I can remember the first moment I knew I was in love... I was at work, walking around thinking "Wow, I'm in a good mood!" then I thought about James and said..."I love him. I really love him" and I got all dizzy and smiley. Cliche I know, but it makes me all warm'n'fuzzy to remember

We now talk all the time about getting married, but we want to be properly set up before we take the big leap... I know its the right thing to do, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to jump right in sometimes :-D

Comment

The first time it took me about 2 months, which was really short but from the very beginning he had all the qualities I look for in a future husband. Then we hit a rough spot and I wasn't so sure he was the person I thought he was, and we just passed out 6 month anniversary and I have no doubt that I will marry this man. Probably within the next 2-3 years.

Comment

i knew it was him when we talked about his broken family. by the time he said, "I want a complete family. I dont want our future kids to experience what I am experiencing right now. I want US to be together." I knew it right then and there.. He's the one.<3
                  We'l rock 2013! :P

Comment

Just very recently. I've never been the "marrying kind". Lately though, I've realized that he very well may be the one that I'd like spend forever with.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                    - A. A. Milne

Comment

Originally posted by Tabitha View Post
                      Just very recently. I've never been the "marrying kind". Lately though, I've realized that he very well may be the one that I'd like spend forever with.
                      Lol. I was the same way. I swore up and down that I'd never get married. Now, I know without a doubt that he's the one I want.

Mine may have seriously started about a month or two ago. That's when I really started getting ideas together, telling him about them, and making plans. I have the area picked out, the date, the colors, my maid of honor. Lol. So much for never getting married.

Comment

About three months in. Because of our age and inclinations, we wanted serious relationships that would end in marriage. Therefore, we talked extensively about our values, goals, and other aspects of ourselves pretty upfront. Don't get me wrong - we have tremendous chemistry, too, but we tried to remain as objective as possible as we got to know each other.

Three months in (almost a year ago, now, heh), we visited his parents' home during spring break from college. It was an amazing time of getting to spend time away from him outside of campus life, and it was great for me to get to know his parents', too. I was pretty certain he was "the one" after that week.
                        My heart belongs to a pilot!
                        ~*~
                        ~*~
                        [/center]

Comment

This story will seem weird for most of you, but for me, it was the first semester we were together in college. I asked her to accompany me to a doctor's appointment, after which we went to a football game. As we were coming home, she was complaining about headaches, her stomach was bothering her, etc.

As we got out of the car, unfortunately, her stomach and her headache got the better of her, and she threw up. I rushed her back to her dorm room and did all the stuff my parents did for me when I threw up (washcloth on the forehead, bucker near the bed, and so on). As I was sitting there taking care of her, I thought, "Wow..I want to take care of this girl for the rest of my life." That's when the wedding bells became louder than they've ever been...that night in her dorm room.
                          National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

^^^Not weird at all! That's really sweet!

Comment

Before we were even officially together!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac62 View Post
                                As I was sitting there taking care of her, I thought, "Wow..I want to take care of this girl for the rest of my life." That's when the wedding bells became louder than they've ever been...that night in her dorm room.
                                That is the sweetest story!
                                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                                ~*~
                                ~*~
                                [/center]

Comment

Working...
                                X